Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

CC's Foyer

christmascandy
13 years ago

This is my foyer where the snowman tree hangs out...

I covered popcorn tins to look like drums for the large nutcrackers to stand guard on. The topiary trees get wreaths with silk flowers added to their base and gold garland spirals down the trees.

This is the swag at the end of the stairs that connects to the garland going up the stairs.

This chandy is new since last year, and the old fixture was a glass cased shiny brass number that I couldn't decorate, so I was excited to decorate it this year.

This is the Frosty tree that I showed before.

This plaque is directly opposite the front door and stays up year round. It was a gift from youngest DD. The 3 nutcrackers above it are the Magi.

This swag is next to the stairs and the entry to the living room.

This is the ledge above the front door. There are 3 lighted trees up there and a teddy on a sled that I made in the early 80's ( I made the sled and decorated it, the teddy was purchased) The antiques stay up there year round.

The table across from the snowman tree. I made the arrangement, and there is a small nativity set by the base of the candlesticks. The round presents were gold metal cages I bought on clearance after the holidays several years ago. I filled them with clear lights and gold mesh fabric and made the bows for the tops. Unfortunately, I forgot to plug in the lights for the photo, : (

There is also a very sweet Hallmark nativity ornament that I found at ARC this fall hanging from the swag over the mirror. It is the one that looks like a little book.

I forgot to mention in my other posts, there is a nativity set somewhere in EVERY room.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (8)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Oh my, Candy, its almost 2am here and you sure know how to share some eye-opening decor. I may never get to bed with all the pictures to keep me coming back to see what I missed.
    I think its wonderful you put a Nativity in EVERY room. Is there a special story behind that tradition?
    I most definitely envy you that ledge above your door! What a great place to decorate, and you certainly did it justice. Love, love, love it. Along with your Nutcracker foyer. That idea to cover tins to make drums for the Nutcrackers to stand on is really a winner! Another one for me to save in my own Christmas Planner. And that's one whopper of a stocking on your front door. If that gets filled, you won't need any gifts under the tree. LOL.
    The table vignette in the last photo is sooo pretty.

You are quite the Christmas Queen. I sure got lucky when I found you! LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Wonderful pictures Candy, glad you you are back

• santacltr2
    13 years ago

Beautiful pictures everything look just great. I would have never thought of covering popcorn tins for the nutcrackers to stand on. Cute idea. Nancy

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Really really pretty and very creative too. In that last picture, I love how you did the round ornaments/candles on those tall candle holders. Your arrangement looks beautiful too. What a great tradition to have a nativity in each room. I do envy you that ledge, you have it decorated so nicely with the antiques and the addition of the Christmas items is just icing on the cake! I could go on and on, but will stop and let the others comment too.
    TFS.

Luvs

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Lovely lovely lovely (do you ever sleep??)! I may "borrow" the popcorn tins/ drums idea! I also love the plaque that stays up year round. Where do you store all of your things?

Kath

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Just stunning - love the 'drums' what a clever idea. Your swags and garlands are designer quality - beautiful. Keep the rooms coming - I am loving everyone of them .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Lovely plague from your DD...a keeper for all seasons, for sure! Karen took the words from my mouth about the ledge...so ditto on that! Coming in the front door would be very, very welcoming! Everything is beautiful, candy! TFS! Jeanne S.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    I place a nativity in every room because I think it is important to remember the real reason for the season.

Most of the items store in the basement, although some of the items on the ledge tuck into the copper boiler under the ivy, and some other items store in drawers and end tables.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions