Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Family Christmas Tree ...Charlie Brown this Year!

jeannespines
13 years ago

Earlier in the wk DH & I tried to get a tree at local tree farm...got there at 10 am driving in "not-so-good" weather & found out on weekdays it didn't open til 1 pm! Since the weather was kind of wicked, we stopped for a pre-cut at a shop on the way home...brought home this "little" Balsom tree! After DH cut off bottom branches so tree stand could hold it, our little Charlie B tree was born!

It's even sitting on a metal tub here...which we decided didn't help it THAT much!

No kids were home, so we had to decorate Charlie ourselves this yr...good memories taking out the old ornies! Here's two little elves that are quite pathetic looking from when we were first married:

Here's some newer ones from a few yrs bk that DH tried to "fill" in bare spots around the top & the star fit (tho a little big on this tree) LOL!

Oh, it is such a cute Charle B tree! And Nellie thought it was alright, too!

Today finished wrapping & tonight just sitting back to enjoy!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (9)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh Jeanne...I LOVE your 'Charlie Brown' Tree!
    It's just perfect for where you have it and I think it has a great shape. The star at the top is just perfect...I actually see your tree 'Smiling' surrounded by the cute vignette beneigth it and with Nellie all curled up below.
    I love the little elves and remember when they were popular.
    Lucky you, enjoying yourself after all your hard work...lol
    You deserve it..great job on everything.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Awwww, how cute is that. I think "Charlie" looks pretty spiffy.

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne, Your Charlie Brown tree is really sweet.
    NanaKaren

• schoolhouse_gw
    13 years ago

Much better than Charlie Brown's tree. If I could find such a perfectly shaped little tree like that, I'd put my artificial one away. Very pretty.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL! thanks gals...we called it a Charlie B tree cause it's the one of the most different trees we've ever put up ...& esp after the 4 bottom branches had to be cut off to fit down in the tree stand! (looked pretty naked after losing l/3rd of the branches! LOL) Usually we have a much larger tree!

I am just LOVIN' it, too! Would definitely buy a Balsom tree again! They said Balsoms are the expensive Christmas tree ...but we bought it because it was on $sale! Couldn't use our new LED lights from last yr cause they were too big & heavy for the branches so this is 2 strands of "rice lights" & 2 strands of bluish "mini-lights."

Thanks for commenting! Jeanne S.

Here's another older ornament crocheted by a friend...& the beads I bought this yr...look "antique-y"...thought they were a "fit" for CharlieB!

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I love that tree. It reminds me of the trees we'd find on our lawn in early December when I was a kid. I lived in a small town and the parents of my mother's first grade students would go to the mountains and find a tree and bring one back for the school teacher as well. We'd have 3 or 4 trees. My father would cut some branches from one to fill in a missing spot in another.
    I haven't had a real tree in years. Yours looks great.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Charlie Brown or not it is adorable, I love, love, love the little elves. Your Mr. and Mrs. Santa is just the right accent. I love the look of real trees and I miss them too, I haven't had one in years either.
    Frou

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, your tree is wonderful all decorated. With your Mr & Mrs, nutcrackers, snowman and presents, picture perfect.

Punk

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Hey, it's very cute and does the job. Such a neat picture of your dog laying beside it. I love the needles on the balsam trees. Luvs

Sponsored
More Discussions