Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

CC's Kitchen P. 2

christmascandy
13 years ago

More pictures...

I was in San Diego for a week over Dec. 4 and my stepdaughter took me to Canterbury Gardens to see Mark Roberts in person and if one of his creations was purchased, he autographed it.

I bought the "Candy Maker Elf" of course!! and got it signed.

My elf is perched on my plate holder with some of my Radko Christmas plates.

My pot rack with my copper pot collection, holly and cranberry garlands.

Mr. & Mrs. Claus at the right side of my kitchen table.

The kitchen table with the gingerbread house centerpiece on a black metal sleigh surrounded by greenery.

The house was a gift several years ago and it lights up with a C-7 bulb.

The reds in the setting match better than it appears in the picture. The placemats, table runner, and matching floor rugs were from Big Lots several years ago. The red flatware was Ross this year. The Santa cups are years old from when my daughters were little. The chargers were clearance many years ago. The green holly plates were Thrift Store last spring, and the Santa plates were TS this fall and I saw the same ones at the Great Indoors for $9.99 each!!

The apothecary jars including the one I made this fall are on the other side of the table with candy canes, Starlight mints, holiday M & M's, peppermint taffy, and hard candies.

The oven doors have gingerbread towels and there are small ornaments and pictures along the top.

The stove area includes a ceramic tree I made in the late 70's and a TS tea kettle.

One more post to follow.

Candy

Comments (12)

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Well, I'm seeing more & more CHEF SANTA'S this year. Karen & I are hooked on them!

I LOVE, LOVE that gingerbread house, been looking for one that size to pair with my Chef Santa's on the counter!!!

That Candy Maker Elf is just adorable, lucky for you!!!

And, the red flatwear is perfect, that is what I need more flatware & definitely RED ones!

Just send all the above things my way when you get tired of them! LOL

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

Your new elf will put a smile on everyone that comes in your house. He's so cute! Love the Holly plates, so much to take in, reminds me I have much to get done yet! Jan

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy..everything is just 'Delightful' to the eye!
    That new Candy Maker elf is a cutie. I like how you displayed him. Your table looks lovely with the Gingerbread house (what a nice gift) on the sleigh. The vinette with your candy jars is so festive and so
    fattening to look at!! lol Too dangerous for me to have around, I'd have them gone before Christmas.

I can see your home on a 'Candy Land Tour'..The kids Young and old would just love it.

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

You got to meet Mark Roberts????? Oh man, and you got a signed piece from him! Gosh that must've been so exciting for you! How perfect he had a Candy Elf! I have two of his Christmas fairies and absolutely love them. I hope to add a 3rd that I've been lusting after.

Your Gingerbread House, looks like CandyLand to me...is possibly my favorite. Tho you've got my head spinning with so much and I can't even imagine what's yet to come! I'll go over your photos again and again trying to take it all in. And of course save a lot of them for inspiration ideas!
    You are definitely inspiring, LOL.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

1st...love the green holly plates! Perfect in your place setting! Will be on the lookout for those!

Candy Maker ELF...just way too cute for words! Good for you for bringing him home!

Santa Chefs...never saw one before coming on this forum...loving them! & your copper pots collection is wonderful...adding the greenery...yes, festive!

Love the "Candyland" reference from Jane & Karen...definitely fits you & your home! FUN & FESTIVE!!! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You sure do have allot of Christmas items, Candy. As I looked at each picture, I could see more in the backgrounds. Those plate stands are fun aren't they? Good for stacking plates on or to use for serving goodies. The holly plates are perfect for this time of year and what a great find on those santa plates. I really like your Mr. and Mrs Santa and those red/white balls look perfect with them. That gingerbread house is so gorgeous, what a nice gift from your friend. I can certainly see that you love all things Christmas. TFS.

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I've been hunting and hunting for a gingerbread house. I said to myself, "I'll know it's the right one when I see it." OK. I found the right one. Unfortunately, it belongs to you!
    Love everything else too. What a great job of decorating.

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Wow, it is all soooooo beautiful, I can't imagine where you keep it all. Sounds like the new elf was the highlight of your trip, he's precious. The copper pots are so warm and homey looking. Santa and Mrs Claus look great next to your wonderful gingerbread house. And your dishes are all perfect.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

again I am overwhelmed with all your decorations and various vignettes - each one is prettier than the last (as if that is possible) I don't have a favorite - I love them all - can't wait to see your other rooms TFS .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

The new signed "Candy Maker Elf" is adorable. Bet that was a fun experience for you and DD. Your table decs. with the big sleigh, ginger house and tree is wonderful. Kitchen also looks great all decorated for Christmas. So many fun things to look at in your posts.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

The signed "Candy Maker Elf" is a hoot!! The Gingerbread House is sweet [no pun intended] Santa and Mrs. Claus are quite handsome. The table setting is so pretty, I really love the red flatware. The Santa plate combined with the green plate and gold charger is perfect. I'm sure I missed mentioning a few things but I agree it is a wonderful tour through "Candyland". Your kitchen is wonderful too.
    NanaKaren

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is definitely CandyLand around here!!

My home was part of a home tour a few years ago sponsored by my church.

The gingerbread house/tree came from Costco and the box just says "Gingerbread House and Tree." Unfortunately, it was several years ago.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor
More Discussions