Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Finally.. Christmas Pics To Share! #1

plainjane425
13 years ago

I took these pics several days ago, but had trouble posting.

Fingers crossed..I'll show them in a couple of posts.

Breakfast Rm Hutch (DH Made)...

All the Christmas Dishes were from last yr CTS. I mixed them in with Johnson Bros Old Britan Castles..

The Santa Boot was from Michael's 1/2 off sale..

the little cardinal votive from a TS.

The Santa Sleigh was a gift from a friend. It was her mother's and is quite old.

The Figures are also CTS and also the Cardinal..

I didn't do too much in the Kitchen..not enough space now that I'm sharing it with DD..(help me)...lol

This is a little shelf DH made me for displays..

I have two of my Antique Choco Molds here along with a few

old an new things collected over the years. The old oil lamp is one of a pair we bought this summer at a Flea Mkt.

The little primitive burlap doll's head is made from a Walnut and her little baby is a 'peanut'!

The vine wreath I made and the hanging ginger bread was a gift from DD yrs ago.

Some of my Santa Collection and the other Oil Lamp..

Tree (in the same place)..The only thing different with it this yr is that I didn't do the bead garland, and the mantel has a 'Natural' look to it. I used twigs and vines from my property.

It kind of loses it's effect from these pictures, but IRL, it has lots of different texture to it.

I took my old wreath and worked vines and twigs into it..again, it loses it's effect in these pics..

Night shot..

OK..GTG - Hope you enjoyed looking.

If Photobucket is Kind to me...I'll post more tomorrow.

jane

Comments (14)

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

Jane,
    It is all just gorgeous!
    I love how you layered the plates, and obviously I love the gingerbread and candy canes in the kitchen!!
    Your tree is stunning, and even though I know what you mean about pix vs. IRL, I think your mantel looks wonderful.
    Your family room looks very inviting and I did enjoy looking,
    Candy

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Oh, the red & white dishes in that white breakfast room hutch is so striking, what a beautiful display.

The little cloche on the red stand caught my eye right away & the stone on your backsplash looks somewhat similar to mine.

I'm liking the natural look of your wreath & your mantel is very warm & cozy looking.

• sunnyca_gw
    13 years ago

I like it all, especially the poinsettia in the bird mug & old lamps & natural twig ,greens & berries with the fire, makes it so welcoming! I've always loved both blue & pink in those English plates. Jan

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I want to come sit in your living-room, and enjoy it all!
    Such a cozy, inviting space. Your tree is beautiful. And BIG. I can't imagine how long it took to decorate, or how many ornaments! But I think its fantastic, and I definitely have 'big tree envy' now.

Your little kitchen vignette is delightful. The red shelf is so neat to decorate. Your hutch always turns out great.
    But the way you did your wreath and mantel...WOW.

Everything looks just wonderful.
    hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your CTS plates look wonderful with your Johnson Bros...this is like a t'scape except "vertical!" Enjoying your hutch decor very much! Like how you used sweet memorablia mixed with new finds!

Great use of that tabletop shelf on your counter...really like the potted tree "pinecone!" (I have to save that idea for next yr!) The ck wire basket/pinecones balances out those natural items & then you put in some more favs ...I remember those kerosene finds....look good! Sweet Santa vignette with that other lamp.

Your tree & mantle are beautiful ... & looks like a nutcracker display with that sail boat...everything is so warm & inviting ...esp with that crackling fire, too! Your "natural" materials are near & dear to my heart...I feel so "at home" sharing this room with you. Your time & work (labor of love) has pd off! Thanks! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Jane, it all looks just gorgeous! Like pictures found in magazines. Your living room with that big tree, your gorgeous fireplace, all the nutcrackers on top of the cabinet and that sweet display on the table behind the couch are just wonderful--love it all. I think your wreat turned out great, I like the added vines, and really like how you hung the red ornaments off your mantel garland. What really caught my eye was the round rug under your tree, that looks so good and I've only seen that on Christmas cards before. Your little cloche in the kitchen is so cute with it's white dots on the red. And the little shelf makes a perfect display area. You are so lucky your DH is talented and can make wonderful things for you. Love how you added the Christmas plates and some greenery on the shelf with your other plates. And those little figurines are so cute. That little birdhouse sure looks like an ACORN to me--is it? (See, I really am obsessed with them!) LOL Beautiful decorating--can I come along with Karen? ;o)
    Luvs

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

jane - just delightful looking - I am like Karen I want to sit in your living room with the fire, quiet Christmas music and a glass of wine or cup of tea - what a relaxing moment TFS .....

Lynne

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Wow, I'm having some serious dish envy after seeing those red dishes displayed. They are wonderful and all the little accents too. My favorite is the Santa boot. In the kitchen I love the red stand with the cloche, too cute. And your tree is lovely as well as the fireplace with all the natural touches.
    Frou

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

LOVE, Love, love that breakfast hutch layout. I am just getting into collecting red transferware, and yours is great. Also like all the greenery in your room with the fireplace.What an inviting room.

Pat

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jane, hutch is stunning. Your dishes are beautiful together. All your little figurines you've added are perfect on it.

Kitchen looks nice with the shelf DH made and all your goodies displayed. Very cute ginger DD bought you. Great job on the vine wreath. Was that hard to make? I love you Santas.

Your LR is so pretty with the nutcrackers, mantel and tree all decorated. You always have a beautiful tree and it must of taken forever to get all those hung. Did DD help? Oh, I'm really liking the twigs you've added. I need to try to remember to trim some bushes and try making some next year.

Punk

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I love how you mixed those plates in Jane! It looks beautiful! Wish I could just borrow your place, and enjoy it! I don't know how you got it all done with the added family! DON"T TOUCH! :)
    Your home is just so lovely, and decorated so tastefully!

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Jane,

Your hutch is just beautiful. You have such a knack for arranging all your lovely things. The kitchen vignette is great, I love those candy molds. And you know I would lust after your "natural" mantel. It gives such a comfy look to your room.

I'll be over later, put the coffee on and we'll sit in front of the fire...

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jane, I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already.
    Everything looks wonderful. The dishes look beautiful together.
    NanaKaren

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You..Thank you Everyone, for all your lovely comments. It makes my heat feel good at this moment to know you enjoyed looking and liked what you saw.
    I'm sorry to make this a short response..I'm whipped from a late night at the Hospital with my Dad and will be up early tomorrow to go back to the Hospital...
    Anyway all your comments made me look at my home again, 'thru your eyes'...if you know what I mean.
    Thank you all again...

jane

Sponsored
We believe that great design should be accessible to everyone
More Discussions