Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Family Christmas Tree is done! (pic heavy)

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 15, 11 at 0:04

DH & I went to tree farm Sun. afternoon ...busy Mon & most of Tues but we got lights on last night ...& today decorated ...ahhh!

It's a fir tree ...here's a full view:

Tree Full View B 12.11

We bought LED lights the last few yrs so there's like 5 strands of 50 (ones w/cone bulb) & a strand of blue mini lights which you can't see in the above pic but you can here:

Tree Ornie D 12.11

Our tree is just an old fashioned Christmas tree covered w/yrs of accumulations...like these homemade snowman ornies:
Tree Ornie A 12.11

This one by DD:

Tree Ornie C 12.11

A crafted 'cork' horse & glittered ball:

Tree Ornie E 12.11

Lots of memories from over the yrs...oldies but goodies:

Tree Ornie B 12.11

Tree Ornie G 12.11

...and bless them "Hawkeyes!"
Tree Ornie Hawk 12.11

And special snowmen:
Tree Ornie H 12.11

But the most fav of all (for the little ones) is Mr. & Mrs. Santa under the tree...they still move & hold their candlelights:
Tree Santas A 12.11

Here's a closer view of those wonderful expressions:
Tree Santas B 12.11

TFLookin' & it was fun sharing our old fashioned Christmas tree! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Family Christmas Tree is done! (pic heavy)

Mr and Mrs Santa...be still my heart! What a lovely pair,
they have such wonderful faces!
Your tree is so pretty, and all those memory-filled ornaments make it very special. You are so lucky to have those.

hugs, Karen

o

Gorgeous, worth every minute you put into it. Love the old fashioned trees. I was planning to have one in my foyer this year. But, I would have to sell my piano, and hubs said no.

That Mr. & Mrs. Santa are priceless!

Creek

o

Wonderful tree and even more wonderful memories - my favorite type of tree is the old fashioned tree where you can actually stand there and look at the ornaments and each one tells a story or brings back a memory - TFS .....

Lynne

o

Jeanne, your tree is stunning. Sounds fun to go pick out a tree at a tree farm. We haven't done this for years. I didn't pull out any of my ornaments this year so it was great to see yours all decorated with memories.

Mr & Mrs Claus, snowies and bear are such a nice addition around it all lit up. I really like your star on top too. I'm so glad you shared this.

Punk

o

Lovely tree Jeanne...nothing like a fresh cut tree.
We've been doing that since DD was a baby. I don't have one inside anymore, but continue the tradition with the one on the outside porch.
I love how you decorated yours and with all your memorable ornaments..those are the best.
'Mr & Mrs' are my favorite of yours too.
They make such a nice glow under the tree and love that they move too. I can see the kids loving them and I think they'll always remember them too.
Lovely job Jeanne...I think you're all set now - right?
jane

o

Very nice Christmas tree, and love the Santa and mrs. Clause in front of the tree, Very cute! :)

-SD

o

What a wonderful tree, so special with all those memories.
I love Mr and Mrs Claus too.
Nana

o

Love your tree! It is fun seeing the ornies with so many memories!

o

Love your tree!

o

Lovely decorations. Where did you get your Mr. and Mrs. Clause? They are precious.

o

Just was looking thru old Christmas pics & we got Mr. Santa 15 yrs ago ...& he's still going strong...doesn't play music anymore...think his hand has been squeezed so many times by 'gr'babies' & bigger ones, too!

Mrs. Santa came the next yr (after Christmas sales) ...they were both purchased at pharmacy, called "Osco Drug" then.

Plastic Mr. & Mrs. Santa (w/light inside) used to be under our tree all the yrs. before these came! Glad you enjoyed! Jeanne S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here