Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phonegirl_gw

Need Some Help for Valentine Tree

phonegirl
11 years ago

After seeing Katy's post showing the candy canes(BTW, welcom Katy.) I was thinking I should be asking all of
you for help. We have trees that we decorate for Christmas and Valentines Day every year on Main Street.
I was hoping to get the Christmas decor off and redecorate next week. Since the tree is outside, I need
kinda weather proof decorations. I even looked for heart plates with no luck. I was thinking I could staple
two together with some tinsel for added bling.

Any ideas or pictures from you talented ladies would be
greatly appreciated.

TIA, Punk

Comments (9)

• sameboat
    11 years ago

There's a post, I think it's on the craft forum or here in holiday, someone made big, wonderful red and white mint candies with the clear cellophane on them. Maybe you could adapt and make big conversation hearts or chocolate-covered cherry balls with a big red stem coming out the top? oooooh I wish I lived near you I'd help. How fun!

• sameboat
    11 years ago

Here's a link to the fabulous peppermints:

Here is a link that might be useful: Here's the peppermint link

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Sameboat, what a wonderful idea. Those peppermint
    candies are adorable. I love both ideas and will
    have to see what I can come up with. Not sure I
    have the talent or time to try these.LOL I wish
    you lived closer too!

Thanks, Punk

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Hmmm. The outdoor aspect has stumped me.

There are some outdoor
    heart string lights at Target

and lots of

different kinds on eBay.

You can even find LED battery operated ones somewhere, but I think they're rather expensive.

What about using some of those foam sheets they sell at Michaels? They might even sell a pack that's already cut into heart shapes. Use a Paint pen to write words on them that mimic the words on conversation heart candy.

I'll keep thinking.

Yes, that was our kitty you saw in the picture. He's about 15 years old and moves up and down the stairs better than I do. Still, there are times when he won't eat for days and I'm reminded that he's pretty old for a cat. He never got a proper name - just Kitty.

I'm sorry you lost yours. What a hole our animals leave when they go. When my first kitty died, when I was very young, my mother told me that he went to Kitty Heaven. Silly, but I still like to think that there;s a place known as Kitty Heaven.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OA, love the idea of hearts with sayings on them.
    Will check it out next time I head to the city.
    Might be cute to cut out hearts with the foam and
    make chains. Your giving me ideas! No electricity available so will have to check out the different
    battery lights if they are not to expensive.

Funny that Kitty goes by just that. I know what
    you mean by running up and down stairs. Still
    missing my Dear Scrappy, but know he's happy up
    in 'Kitty Heaven'.

Punk

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Roof flashing is 'silver' & about 4" wide (I'm guessing) on a roll ... but easy to cut ... you could maybe cut some hearts of various sizes from a roll of that & punch a hole & hang w/wire ...if you wanted them to be red, you would have to spray paint probably. Or they could be the tree topper! Just a thought...Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jeanne, thanks, I would of never gave the roof flashing
    a thought. It would be nice if we could use our ornaments
    every year and those should hold up to our storms.

Punk

• phonegirl
    Original Author
    11 years ago

You'll never believe what happened. We made 65 bows w/hearts today between customers. When we were finished, the gal who works for me walked over to the door and ask what happened to our tree. I thought she was joking since it was there earlier. So I walked over and sure enough, our tree was MIA.

After calling around, I found out that one of the busninessmen decided to be a good guy and haul it off still decorated for Christmas! Sooooo guess we won't be decorating an outside tree this year! Sounds like we have a storm moving in so I best get to bed so I can get up early and shovel snow!

Punk

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

OH NOOOO!! Mr. Bill, Mr. Bill, OH NOOO!

Can't you just hear the claymation figure from Sat. Nite Live saying "OH NOOOO, Mr. Bill, Mr. Bill?" LOL

Men!!! Even when they are trying to be helpful, they're annoying.

Was it an artificial tree? Is he going to get the ornies back for you??
    What a bummer!!

I hope you didn't get too much snow.
    I don't mind the softly falling snow. I think that is beautiful. It is when it comes in a blizzard that I mind it.

We are supposed to get some snow and really cold temps this weekend, just in time for the Bronco game! :0
    Yikes!

Stay warm,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions