Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

OT Warning !!

plainjane425
10 years ago

Don't mean to scare you with the 'Warning'...
BUT>>>> as you know I sold my home and am
packing/packing/packing and will be moving next week.
My warning >>>> Well since we ALL share in our
Dish & Stuff passion...if and when it comes time for
you to move - let me tell you it's a real Bia#h!
I thought I got rid of lots of stuff...but when it comes
down to it...I have so much I feel the packing will
never end! The hardest part of packing is what to
keep and what to get rid of...I LOVE IT ALL..and that's
what's making it so hard and taking so much time.

I always had my collections...but since I joined Holiday about
6 yrs ago...everything has GROWN out of control!

Okay...so that's where I'm at for the moment..
Just needed to vent...step back and keep on going..

Wish me luck...:)

jane

Comments (5)

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jane, I don't envy you all your packing. It most be overwhelming
    I wish I lived close enough to help.
    We dish and stuff collectors make a lot of work for ourselves, don't we??
    Wishing you luck :)
    Nana

This post was edited by nana2010 on Thu, Nov 7, 13 at 9:58

• pink_warm_mama_1
    10 years ago

Jane, moving is overwhelming. I know because we did it a year ago, and are now in the middle of it again. Like you, I had way too much furniture and what seemed like an excess of everything. Talked to myself about material things, no matter how much I loved them, and convinced myself that they're not worth a moment's sadness or loss. I gave away, donated, sold, and threw out. I found it didn't bother me one bit to live without all those things, and hope you can make the same enlightening. Good luck.

Pink

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

I am LOL @ punk ...because she is 'loaded' & I love her 'loaded' buffets, cabinets & tables!!! (& that's a downsize, uh, punk!) Please take this as a BIG compliment ~~ you are such an 'fun' inspiration!

Now, Jane, this is your post ...so I would also be VERY overwhelmed in downsizing ... I try also ... & I have 'several' collections (who said that!) ... anyway, woman, take good care of yourself & try to part w/what you can & I wish you the best of luck in finding a place & home to build again ... or if you are buying a house already built. Hugs to you, friend. Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jane, when you talk about packing everything to store being a real Bia#h, makes me think there is no way I could handle that!LOL I'm wishing I was closer so I could help out too. Will be fun to see what you end up with, gf.

Jeanne, you are so funny!!! I will continue to buy and donate as long as I'm on here.haha I would still love to go out and go through more of DM's things. Can only imagine what she had that would interest me after coming here. I will wait with anticipation until all the kids are together for that tho. It's been almost 12 years so not sure why I feel I need to wait.

Jane, please keep us informed how surgery went and how your doing when you feel good enough to post.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Jane, been thinking about you today and hoping the surgery went ok. Will be anxious to hear how you are doing since I'm a champion worrier.

As for getting rid of stuff.....don't get too carried away. You can always get rid of things later, but you can't get it back once its gone. Until you get settled in your new house and see what will go where, and do some holiday decorating, I'd be careful what you part with.

I know the work of packing for a move, and hope I never have to do it again. I had hundreds of figurines and many china cabinets that I had to pack by myself.

Meanwhile, venting is good since packing and unpacking tend to make one want to tear out their hair.
    I can't wait to hear about the new place.....where, what, etc!
    hugs, Karen

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional
More Discussions