Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
minnie_tx

be grateful

minnie_tx
11 years ago

Gals, be grateful that you have loved ones and family around you to share your lovely tables and things. The ooh and aahhs make abig difference. I miss those old days Happy holidays.

Comments (13)

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

You're right Minnie, many have a lot to be grateful for if they can share the holidays. I too miss past times like that.

Hope our Gang here has a nice Thanksgiving.
    hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Minnie, so true! Do you have any family
    to share Thanksgiving with? If not, I
    hope you and some friends will enjoy the
    day. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving to you, Minnie! We don't have a big family gathering at Thanksgiving either, but we do so much during December that I'm thankful for a quiet time before the Christmas entertaining begins.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

minnie ...yes, a time to remember 'blessings' ...not only family but friends ...& even our Internet friends here on the forum. So many of us are sending daily good thoughts & prayers to our 'luvs' who just lost her husband this past week. So, I, too, am counting blessings...Happy Thanksgiving! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Minnie, It is important to be grateful for 'Blessings' during the holidays.
    It is easy to forget during the hustle and bustle of preparations.
    As Jeanne said, Many of us are sending daily good thoughts and prayers to 'luvs'.
    My heart is aching for her.
    I hope you will not be alone on Thanksgiving.
    Nana

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Minnie, bless you at Thanksgiving and every day. Memories of past holidays together can make us both happy and sad. Mainly we need to do as you said and just be greatful for those sweet memories and to try to help make good memories for our family and friends.

Jeanne and Nana 2010, thank you for your thoughts of me. I had planned to have Thanksgiving here this year and told the family I still wanted to do that. My son said I didn't need to under the circumstances, but I told him I REALLY needed to. Having things to plan and work on is what has helped me over the last couple of years and that's exactly what I need now.

I'm so greatful for all of you and the fun diversions you offer to all of us who need it. Hopefully, someday I'll be ready to do some things I can share too.

Love you all, Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Really good to hear from you, luvs ...hugs, hugs & more hugs & bless that family of yours over this Thanksgvg holiday! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Thanks, Jeanne. I read this the other day but just now replying. You are so sweet and I needed those hugs! ;o)

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Thank you guys for this thread.

Without going into detail, three years ago, my mentally-challenged child and I were living in my truck and a women's shelter. We lost everything...including family.

During this time, and still today, I made some great 'internet' friends...don't know what I would have done without them.

There are times that the 'little things' are GREAT blessings. Let us never get so busy in life, that we forget that. True, at times, we have to look but we can always find blessings.

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Gail, please feel that you can discuss anything with us here. I'm not around as much as I'd like to be but generally find my way back witihin the week. You really
    caught my attention and I love the fact that you never
    gave up.

Punk

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Punk,
    Believe me, there were times I wanted to give up; but, I kept hearing this small voice saying, 'the best is yet to come.'
    I have a strong spiritual faith and held on.

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Gail, I hope that things have changed a great deal for the better for you since that awful time. We never know what we can handle until we are forced to. Bless you and your child, I hope you find much happiness and a really good new life. Luvs

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Luvs,
    Thank you so much.
    Yes, things have improved beyond my wildest dreams.
    Gail

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions