Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanksgiving Mantel

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 23:18

I removed the Halloween items from my mantel but left the leaf garland.
I went to Hobby Lobby on Sat. and all of their Fall items were 66% off, so these pheasants came home with me.
I added the pheasant feathers from my white pumpkin tablescape and this is the result.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Close up:

Left side:

Right side:

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away!!

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanksgiving Mantel

Candy, your fall mantel turned out wonderful. Those pheasants look great on there. You couldn't leave the pheasants there with 66% off! You do belong here.

Punk

o

Very pretty mantel, Candy. Pheasants were a great buy!
I want to go to Hobby Lobby...waaaaaaahhhhhhh.
(Jane, bring that darn bus, I need a driver and something to hold the stuff I'd buy!)

hugs, Karen

o

Gorgeous, candy! & what a steal! I love HL & 66% off is really good! Your mantle looks wonderful...& the print you have above it is so pretty with all your Fall leaves, fruits, candles, golds & greens. Love it! Love it!

I dusted & cleaned the pheasants I made DH upteen yrs ago in ceramics ... mid 70's ...saving them for a t'cape...making me want to work on that...Oh, it's midnight...time for bed! LOL! TFS your beautiful mantle, candy! Jeanne S.
purplemoon...shopping cart! (that will hold the stuff you buy) & someone very nice will carry it out for you!

o

Ahh Haaa!
I've been looking for pheasants like that...and You found them!! Lucky you. They look wonderful on your mantel, and what a great deal too.
I like how you rearranged everything from Halloween and left the leaf garland.
Looks very elegant.
Karen....double Waaa Waaaa on having no HL here either...I'm heading out with the bus... ASAP!! I want those pheasants....

jane

o

Very very nice!!
I love it and the pheasants are just the right touch.

o

Candy, Your mantle is so elegant
Everything looks so beautiful with the painting above it
The pheasants and feathers are perfect.
NanaKaren

o

Those are great and you did a amazing job on the mantle. We do have a HL in Little Rock, but it's an hour there and I hate driving in the city, so I only go about twice a year. I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close either. I've got to get my behind in gear. I made a rash decision a week ago to redo my entry hall before the holidays and then have spent the last week stripping wallpaper in teeny tiny strips. I've gotten it finished and painted, now just to put it back together before my out of town guest arrive. Sorry, I'm done rambling. I love your mantle.
Frou

o

beautiful mantel - love the transformation and especially love the pheasants TFS .....

Lynne

o

Good find on those pheasants, they look really nice and really make your fall mantel look great! Luvs

o

Such a lovely mantel display Candy! Now I can just kick myself. I went to HL at lunch today and they are at 80% off! I saw one of the pheasants, they one bending down, had it in my hand and put it back!!!! ARG!
Kath

o

Mantle looks beautiful. How you arranged everything is so well done. Those pheasants are nice, man, they must have flown the coop fast at my HL, I don't think I ever saw them. I also like how you mix grapes in with your mantle. Good eye!

o

The pheasants are so beautiful! I love those birds... didn't think they would be so great in a home decor, though but they actually make excellent decorations!

o

Candy, your Autumn mantel is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the new pheasants and garland up there. TFS!!!!!
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here