Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Thanksgiving Mantel

christmascandy
13 years ago

I removed the Halloween items from my mantel but left the leaf garland.

I went to Hobby Lobby on Sat. and all of their Fall items were 66% off, so these pheasants came home with me.

I added the pheasant feathers from my white pumpkin tablescape and this is the result.

Close up:

Left side:

Right side:

Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is only a week and a half away!!

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (13)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, your fall mantel turned out wonderful. Those pheasants look great on there. You couldn't leave the pheasants there with 66% off! You do belong here.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Very pretty mantel, Candy. Pheasants were a great buy!
    I want to go to Hobby Lobby...waaaaaaahhhhhhh.
    (Jane, bring that darn bus, I need a driver and something to hold the stuff I'd buy!)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Gorgeous, candy! & what a steal! I love HL & 66% off is really good! Your mantle looks wonderful...& the print you have above it is so pretty with all your Fall leaves, fruits, candles, golds & greens. Love it! Love it!

I dusted & cleaned the pheasants I made DH upteen yrs ago in ceramics ... mid 70's ...saving them for a t'cape...making me want to work on that...Oh, it's midnight...time for bed! LOL! TFS your beautiful mantle, candy! Jeanne S.
    purplemoon...shopping cart! (that will hold the stuff you buy) & someone very nice will carry it out for you!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Ahh Haaa!
    I've been looking for pheasants like that...and You found them!! Lucky you. They look wonderful on your mantel, and what a great deal too.
    I like how you rearranged everything from Halloween and left the leaf garland.
    Looks very elegant.
    Karen....double Waaa Waaaa on having no HL here either...I'm heading out with the bus... ASAP!! I want those pheasants....

jane

• milosmom_gw
    13 years ago

Very very nice!!
    I love it and the pheasants are just the right touch.

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your mantle is so elegant
    Everything looks so beautiful with the painting above it
    The pheasants and feathers are perfect.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Those are great and you did a amazing job on the mantle. We do have a HL in Little Rock, but it's an hour there and I hate driving in the city, so I only go about twice a year. I can't believe Thanksgiving is so close either. I've got to get my behind in gear. I made a rash decision a week ago to redo my entry hall before the holidays and then have spent the last week stripping wallpaper in teeny tiny strips. I've gotten it finished and painted, now just to put it back together before my out of town guest arrive. Sorry, I'm done rambling. I love your mantle.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

beautiful mantel - love the transformation and especially love the pheasants TFS .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Good find on those pheasants, they look really nice and really make your fall mantel look great! Luvs

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

Such a lovely mantel display Candy! Now I can just kick myself. I went to HL at lunch today and they are at 80% off! I saw one of the pheasants, they one bending down, had it in my hand and put it back!!!! ARG!
    Kath

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Mantle looks beautiful. How you arranged everything is so well done. Those pheasants are nice, man, they must have flown the coop fast at my HL, I don't think I ever saw them. I also like how you mix grapes in with your mantle. Good eye!

• prosperity66
    13 years ago

The pheasants are so beautiful! I love those birds... didn't think they would be so great in a home decor, though but they actually make excellent decorations!

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Candy, your Autumn mantel is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the new pheasants and garland up there. TFS!!!!!
    Lynn

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors
More Discussions