Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall Finds Today & More

jeannespines
13 years ago

Had a wonderful day trip shopping about 50 miles from home with good friends ...lookin' for "after Halloween" bargains. At my first TS I spent $5 (only 15 miles from home)...one of my fav places...today glassware was l/2 off! Shelves were pretty empty but I found some treasures:

4 etched glasses for 25 cts each, plus this smaller size soup tureen (Japan stamped on back) & S&P bunny shakers (no markings)...can see etching in glasses better in this pic:

Next place got some cute heavy pumpkins on sale ...marked half price & then another 25% off ...they are metal-like...the ceramic bird I pd full price...I love using birds in decor:

At a pharmacy/gift store, Christmas boxes were being unpacked for open house this coming weekend...I saw this bronze/coppery mercury glass candle holder & thought it would be lovely with my mercury glass birds I've posted this Fall...price $6.25:

And last, but not least, my fav, fav buy of the day...this pottery plate & bowl found at another TS for $4 ea ...had labels still glued on the bottoms. They called to me because of my pottery snowmen I have out all winter:

And, stacked:

Here's the pottery snowmen from last winter that I showed in a t'scape. I think the new pcs are perfect! No markings except microwave/dishwasher safe:

It was a good day! Hope to get Halloween packed away later this wk & add some more Tksgvg/Fall! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (10)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jeanne, the pottery plate and bowl just had your name all over them. What a wonderful find for you, and perfect with your Snowmen. You got a lot of neat stuff, tho my favorite are the heavy pumpkins and bird. Like you, birds in decor are something I really like all year long.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Jeanne, you found some great things. I thought your bunnies would of been something Karen would of picked up on first.LOL Totally agree with what Karen said about your new plate and bowl. The bowl must have a pedestal on the bottom the way it sits up on the plate.

Makes me want to skip work tomorrow and go see what's on sale.LOL This is not going to happen as we are suppose to be getting in windows and door for the front of new office.

Punk

• party_music50
    13 years ago

Wow, Jeanne, you found some terrific pieces! I just love the pumpkins and bird, and the pottery is so unusual! Your snowmen from last year are beautiful too. I am SO looking forward to seeing everyone's xmas decorations this year! :)

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Ohhhhh Jeanne, I want it ALL!
    I love everything you bought.
    What great deals too. Love the pumpkin and bird, and
    that pottery bowl and plate is fabulous. What a perfect match to your snowmen (which I love too).
    I'll be looking forward to seeing everything 'in action'.
    Shopping IS great Therapy...seems like your day was Very Successful!

jane

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

How fun for you! Those dishes sure do look like your snowmen, I'm sure you will find a way to add them into your vignette this year. Neat pumpkins and birds too, and your white tureen and bunnies--sure can't go wrong with those! You were in the right place at the right time to snatch up that mercury glass piece--those usually sell fast. Know you will have lots of fun using all your new goodies. ;o)

Luvs

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

I cannot pick a favorite! I love all your finds! I look forward to seeing how you use them in displays.

Kath

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, purplemoon, punk, party, slinkey & maxi...all U Enablers R Us! LOL!

Here's a pic of the base fo the bowl...coloring a bit off...am anxious to put Halloween away & turkey doings out ...but other duties call for a few days. TF your comments! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Jeanne, I have to say that I am always so envious! You find the BEST "stuff"! Love the bunnies, the tureen and the pumpkin! Your bowls are just beautiful are going to look great with last year's snowmen! What a good shopping day for you! TFS

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Jeanne You sure did find some great things love the bunnies and the tureen. I've never seen a pumpkin like that one. The plate and bowl are the perfect match for your snowmen!! I'd love to see the candle holder with your birds. you sure did luck out.
    NanaK

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your right that pottery is the perfect accent for your cute little snowmen. Love everything else too.
    Frou

Sponsored
More Discussions