Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Christmas Kitchen Table from last year-Photos

Posted by dawnp (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 22:40

I thought I would post my kitchen table decorations from last year. This year I am thinking of eliminating the white and adding a tan linen or burlap runner and adding greenery. I think it looked a little too white for my kitchen.

The "ornaments" are candles from Crate and Barrel.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Christmas Kitchen Table from last year-Photos

Wow, so pretty! Love the swirled ornaments and colors you used. Beautiful candle holders. Hope you will post more pictures when you set them out this year.

Punk

o

How very pretty, so colorful. I can't wait to see your changes.

o

Red and white is always a classic, but ivory or tan would probably work well too--just a matter of preference. I love your assortment of mercury glass candle holders. This forum really loves stacked plates too. ;o) Hope you will share some more of your decorations with us, and feel free to make comments on our posts as well. Luvs

o

I like the red and white, it is so cheery. A burlap runner and some greenery would make it more natural. I know what you mean, I like to try and change things up a little from year to year.
Frou

o

Beautiful Dawn, and I can just picture the changes you want to make...it will be lovely, can't wait to see it!

o

beautiful but I also love the idea of changing it up a little this year. The burlap and greens will definitely give it a woodsy/outdoor look - look forwarding to seeing your pictures this year .....

Lynne

o

Your candlesticks are sure something. I WANT THEM!

I like the white, but I think the burlap is definitely more "in" this year. Post pictures when you've completed the change.

o

Very pretty...love red & silver tog! Lookin' forward to your new look this yr...stacked plates & those gorgeous ornies look great! TFS! Jeanne S.

o
Update

Ok, you asked so here's the 2010 version. What do you think?

I purchased this linen woven runner. I tried it with the red tablecloth but I think the green looks much better in my kitchen. I also took away the white candles and added the green ones.

Please ignore the arrangement of the greens. I just placed it quickly for the effect. I won't actually put it on the table until our party next weekend.

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement! :)

Photobucket

o

L.O.V.E. the 2010 Edition! Not that I didn't love Version 2.009 :) The green, silver and red combination is just lovely!

Kath

o

Wow...last year's was nice, but this year's is super nice.
Great arrangement, and colors! I love the mercury glass!

hugs, Karen

o

Liked them both but this years is a winner with me. I love the red and green combo. Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here