Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawnp_gw

Christmas Kitchen Table from last year-Photos

dawnp
13 years ago

I thought I would post my kitchen table decorations from last year. This year I am thinking of eliminating the white and adding a tan linen or burlap runner and adding greenery. I think it looked a little too white for my kitchen.

The "ornaments" are candles from Crate and Barrel.

Comments (12)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Wow, so pretty! Love the swirled ornaments and colors you used. Beautiful candle holders. Hope you will post more pictures when you set them out this year.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

How very pretty, so colorful. I can't wait to see your changes.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Red and white is always a classic, but ivory or tan would probably work well too--just a matter of preference. I love your assortment of mercury glass candle holders. This forum really loves stacked plates too. ;o) Hope you will share some more of your decorations with us, and feel free to make comments on our posts as well. Luvs

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I like the red and white, it is so cheery. A burlap runner and some greenery would make it more natural. I know what you mean, I like to try and change things up a little from year to year.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Beautiful Dawn, and I can just picture the changes you want to make...it will be lovely, can't wait to see it!

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

beautiful but I also love the idea of changing it up a little this year. The burlap and greens will definitely give it a woodsy/outdoor look - look forwarding to seeing your pictures this year .....

Lynne

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Your candlesticks are sure something. I WANT THEM!

I like the white, but I think the burlap is definitely more "in" this year. Post pictures when you've completed the change.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Very pretty...love red & silver tog! Lookin' forward to your new look this yr...stacked plates & those gorgeous ornies look great! TFS! Jeanne S.

• dawnp
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ok, you asked so here's the 2010 version. What do you think?

I purchased this linen woven runner. I tried it with the red tablecloth but I think the green looks much better in my kitchen. I also took away the white candles and added the green ones.

Please ignore the arrangement of the greens. I just placed it quickly for the effect. I won't actually put it on the table until our party next weekend.

Thanks for all the positive reinforcement! :)

• maximavswife
    13 years ago

L.O.V.E. the 2010 Edition! Not that I didn't love Version 2.009 :) The green, silver and red combination is just lovely!

Kath

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Wow...last year's was nice, but this year's is super nice.
    Great arrangement, and colors! I love the mercury glass!

hugs, Karen

• santacltr2
    13 years ago

Liked them both but this years is a winner with me. I love the red and green combo. Nancy