Houzz Logo Print
plainjane425

Something to Share...

plainjane425
10 years ago

Hi Everyone...I just wanted to share w/you
the video that the Realtor made of my home before
it was sold...
Many of you will remember some of the rooms that were once decorated for the Holidays. It's kind of sad for DH & me looking back at it...but hopefully our next home will be smaller/manageable and for this (city girl) NOT RURAL !!
Hope everyone Enjoys a Happy Thanksgiving...
Blessings to you ALL...
jane

The home we just sold....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXRj4r_EBLA&feature=player_detailpage

Comments (14)

• party_music50
    10 years ago

wow. What an absolutely gorgeous home in a perfect [rural] setting. I don't think you'll have much trouble finding a smaller home. lol! We are definitely not in the same league... we may even be from different planets. :O)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

OMGOSH......OH MY GOSH.....there went the home of my dreams!! (not that I could take care of it now, but wouldn't stop me from wanting to).

Jane, it is a gorgeous home.
    Every.. single.. last.. thing.. about.. it !!!

How much land was there? How big was the house?
    And how far to town? I love rural and country life, and had it when I was younger. Unfortunately now its an impossible dream. But a place like that......definitely a
    dream!

So did you say you won't be building a home in NY where you really wanted to live? Are you staying in Conn? Aren't I FULL of questions ?!! LOL

Ok, gotta pick my jaw up off the floor now.
    hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Jane, fo some reason I haven't been able to open your link.
    I'll keep trying and ask my kids what I'm doing wrong.
    I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    Nana

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

I can't open it either. I copied and pasted it to a search site and all it did was direct me back here!! :(

Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jane, I can see why you and DH are sad looking back at this beautiful video. Gorgeous place with lots of memories. Hope you will find a new place that is just as beautiful!

It was nice to see how your beautiful home was laid out. What a great job the realtor did with this video. No wonder it sold!!! It definitely showed your style! Thanks for sharing.

Nana and Candy, if you copy the url and paste it in the search box and hit enter, you should be able to see it. The only other reason I can think of is you might need to update your flash player. Hope this helps so you can see this beautiful place Jane lived in.

Punk

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Punk, that is what I did and it tells me my search does not match any documents!
    Candy

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Candy and Nana, I'll email the link I shared with my daughter and some friends. Opened fine for them so maybe it will you too.

hugs, Karen

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

You can click on each little camera and see a still photo of each thing. Or on the left is a link for the slide show.
    And written details of the house are on this page too.

I'm still drooling
    hugs, Karen

Here is a link that might be useful: Jane's house

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

Karen, thank you so much for the link. I even tried to copy and paste at work and it didn't work, but then I scrolled down and found your useful link.

What a gorgeous home!! I loved every thing about it! (Except maybe mowing that lawn, LOL)

Jane, I hope you find a home you love just as much as this one! And, less rural. You did such a beautiful job decorating it, and the video gave a much better perspective than just seeing still photos!! I have always loved everything you post, but didn't get "the whole picture" until seeing the video!!! WOWZA!!

I'd like to just "transport" it to here and move right in.

TFS and Happy Thanksgiving,
    Candy

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Thank you Karen for sharing the pictures of Jane's house it is gorgeous.
    Jane I'm sure your new home will be just as beautiful.
    Nana

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Everyone...
    Glad you enjoyed the video and seeing the house..
    Thanks for the lovely compliments...
    I wish I could pick it up an move it too...but it would
    still be too much to care for. Seems I'm not as agile as
    I once was when we moved there 7 yrs ago.

What was recorded on what we paid for the house...did not reflect the cash that was paid to the builder off record...We sold it at a finincial loss...but when we put it up, we made a conscience decision that we would suck it up and just do it.
    Karen thank you for helping with opening the website
    for some who couldn't get it...I'm sorry for the trouble.
    You asked about how much land - almost 3 acres..
    We were deep in farmland and horse farms...Beautiful area everywhere you drive and almost every other home owns at least one horse! In my younger days...this would
    have been perfect heaven - since I always wanted to own a horse. My Gkids used to ask why we couldn't get one and keep it in the small red barn...which would have been more than enough space for it...but I couldn't handle the upkeep!! lol
    Thanks again for all the nice comments...you are all right, the next home will work just fine for us - I've learned you don't need 'stuff' to make a home..as long as it's filled it w/love!
    jane

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Am so happy for you, Jane ...that you house has been sold...yes, it is very beautiful & I hope someone else will enjoy it there for many yrs to come. Good luck finding a 'lot' where you want to build `~~ & enjoy the process ...now you are downsized so you can concentrate on what needs you would like in your new place. TFS! ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

I smiled when I saw your hutch on the porch! ;-)

• plainjane425
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Jeanne for all your sweet comments.
    I'm very happy that a young family will make this their home now...
    They seem to really love it and were excited to move in.
    I feel good knowing this.
    BTW...we bought a piece of land last year...the hard
    part is finding an afforadable house plan to build.
    Hope you and your family enjoy a Happy Thanksgiving...
    jane
    ps...you made me smile that you smiled when you saw
    the porch hutch !

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!! And what a great thing to have the video to remember your "old" house by. Best of luck finding a new place and making it your perfect home. Like Jeanne, I smiled when I saw your porch hutch!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler
More Discussions