Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fun2bhere

Turkeys on the Table

Fun2BHere
11 years ago

I've been having so much fun viewing all of your pictures that I thought I would try my hand at posting a table setting. Thanks for looking.

{{gwi:1455020}}

Comments (8)

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Whoops, FUN...your note is posted but no pics!

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Very lovely table F2BHere!
    I like the color of the charger and leaf plates.
    Are they all from one set? I like how you
    layered them with the turkey plates.
    Beautiful flatware too.
    Great 'Candy Shot' ! lol
    TFS
    jane

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Fun2BHere. Thank you for sharing your lovely Thanksgiving Table with us.
    The gold chargers and leaf plates look wonderful with the turkey plates.
    I love your gold stemware.
    And your 'Candy Shot' is terrific.
    Happy Thanksgiving
    Nana

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Fun2BHere, your Thanksgiving table is Gorgeous!Wowzers,
    do you ever have some beautiful dishes, linens& flatware. Did
    you make the pretty cp? Your table looks like it belongs in a
    magazine. Love it and so glad you've
    joined us here on the Holiday forum.

You've set a pretty high standard. Will be fun to see what you share next.LOL

Punk

• Fun2BHere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for your kind welcome. I collected everything on the table from eBay except the stemware, napkin rings and flatware. The stemware is from Pier 1 in the 1990's, the napkin rings are from Pier 1 this year and the flatware is a family heirloom.

I wish I had Christmas Candy's good luck at thrift stores, but the stores near me rarely have anything of interest or maybe I'm not creative enough to see the potential of their items. I love eBay, though. If I'm patient, I'll eventually be able to buy what I want at a great price. In fact, I had an incomplete set of the pictured gold stemware and I was able to complete my set on eBay. I looked at thousands of listings for gold and amber goblets and glasses. It took two years of looking daily, but I finally was able to find the glasses I was missing.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your table settings and decorations for all of the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Fun,

That table is lovely.
    We have decent Goodwill Stores, but the prices are usually sky-high. So I'm more of an Ebay Shopper too - although my best bargains are from yard sales.

Wasn't it great when you came across the amber goblets? Don't you just look at them and smile every time you put them out? They do supply the extra special touch to the major pieces.

And speaking of major pieces, I sure like those turkey plates.

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Hey, I can see your pics now, Fun2B! Yay!

Love those turkey plates & the gold chargers! & great that your perserverance pd off & you added to your amber goblets! Wow!

Great job on the candy shot! TFS! Happy Thanksgiving! Jeanne S.

• Fun2BHere
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm not sure why the pictures weren't visible to you before, Jeannespines, but I'm happy that you can see them now.

Oldalgebra, I keep the amber stemware in a cabinet with a glass front and I do smile every time I see them. I also pinch myself because it's hard for me to believe that I was actually able to find the missing goblets years after they were in stock in the store.

Sponsored
More Discussions