Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

A Christmas blog to follow

luvstocraft
13 years ago

A few people here have mentioned wanting Christmas ideas NOW! Well, since we aim to please, I wanted to share this site with you so you can get started making things and getting ideas.

As for me, the Halloween got all boxed up and stashed away today and more Fall/Thanksgiving decor has been put out in it's place. I want to paint a couple more things for Fall/Thanksgiving this year and hopefully, I'll even find some other crafts I can make. I don't want to rush the season, I love this time of the year and just want to enjoy it and have it linger awhile.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas countdown blog

Comments (6)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Thanks, Luvs. I love seeing Christmas stuff ANY time of year. But like you, I don't want to rush the season either. Fall is my very favorite time of year, even tho we don't have real Fall in Phoenix. But it means our endless summer has now ended. (I say this but its suppose to be 90 tomorrow. LOL). Nov 1st usually signals the beginning of our nice part of the year, and that last till April.) Right now I want to concentrate on Autumn colors and Thanksgiving...but still look at Christmas pictures.
    LOL.
    And that is precisely what our Christmas Inspiration albums are made for! So many ideas, so little time. ;o)

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Yup, Christmas is everywhere!
    Lots of stores preparing displays & unloading boxes today ...open houses around here are usually this weekend! I bought a little bit of Halloween, Tksgvg & Christmas decor today!

I love looking at the Inspiration Christmas Album, too! But, please...it will be here soon enough! enjoying these good days right now as the weather continues to get cooler...& loving the Fall decor & Tksgvg decor coming up! Jeanne S.

• Oakley
    13 years ago

LOL!!!! Thank you missy!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Thanks a bunch Luvs!!! I do enjoy the fall stuff and REALLY like Thanksgiving...my favorite holiday!
    Howsomever....that doesn't stop me from looking at Christmas stuff whenever/wherever I find it!!
    Last night I slipped away to Target (any shopping in the evening is generally accompanied by DH).. Back in the corner they were playing beautiful Christmas music and had a lot of their Christmas displays in place. I lollygagged around there for 30 minutes or more....beautiful!!
    Is anyone else attracted to the goldy/browny/coppery colored Christmas decorations??? I think I'm crazy, but they look so rich and pretty and would even work well with the reds that I already have.

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Jaybird, last year on sale at Michaels I bought some copper colored ornament balls along with hunter green ones. I had seen someone using that theme and it looked gorgeous! I also got some copper feathery birds. I seem drawn to these colors lately for Fall and Christmas, tho I haven't yet used or bought very many. Its sure an easy way to transition from Fall to Christmas too. I've always loved hunter green, one of my very favorite colors, but had never thought to pair it with copper before.
    For Christmas I've always gone mostly to the dark jewel shades rather than the traditional red and green. Tho I seem to have a bit of everything. LOL.

Trying to do Fall decorating day. I have too much stuff and not enough room, it no longer wants to be contained in my familyroom and kitchen (and bathroom). Help!!!!

hugs, Karen

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

I loved looking at that, and if anyone is sewing for the holidays they are into the thick of it now. She shows lots of handmade things.
    Thanks, Luvs!