Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

My 'Woodsy' Holiday Decor has begun!

jeannespines
12 years ago

After celebrating Tksgvg w/kids/gr'kids Thurs/Fri. it was time to start luggin' the 'totes' from the garage! Mostly DH carries them (the heavy ones, anyway). So, for a couple days I've been emptying & filling back up totes! LOL! Love it!

Progress is being made ...you know me as Jeannespines...so, you can usually find pine & woodsy decor in my home. So here's the porch woodland decor on this old dresser that we bought at DH's parents' estate sale from their cabin in MN.:

Woodland Santa was a HL bargain for last yr ... snowshoe ornie leanin' against the lamp trunk ... lighted log cabin I found in MN some yrs ago on vac ...some pinecone candles & a furry clad snowman sitting in the tree (a gift):

Here's close-up of that cabin...it's so cute!

And full view of the Woodland dresser vignette. I added to the grapevine wreath...pine trees w/bells that was a Secret Santa gift a few yrs back on the Garden Junk forum:

On Sat. I had moved this dresser & tried my 'window box' Old World Santa that is new this yr (greenery not added in pic yet) ...DH & I made it ...but it wasn't working to my liking so moved it back to the corner for the Woodland vignette ...so I'm still looking for a good spot for it! I worked so hard I fogged up the windows! LOL! (not!)

While on the porch I got the 'Woodsy' tree put up...this tree is over 10 yrs old now & still looks GREAT! Added the galvanized tub (ice skating rink)...here's close-up view:

...a full view:

and the skating rink lit up:

I fixed up this fav basket of mine (that you've seen before for t'scape centerpc) & added it to my DH's new fireplace cabinet he built ... looks good, I think!

The deer I shared here recently as a FM find:

And a full view:

A good start for the Holidays! And at least the totes are all up here now ...tired, but smilin'! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Jeanne, as always, love all your woodsy decor. The deer look wonderful with your basket and oil lamp. The little cabin, tree, ice skating rink, candle and fireplace lit up, gives a nice warm feeling.

I really like the window box sitting on the dresser. It looks good with your tree beside it. Not sure why you don't care for it there. I'm sure you'll come up with something even better knowing you.

I can relate to being tired. I'm all in tonight after running for 5 days non stop. I did get some outside decorating done. It's 53 here with lots of wind but a welcoming change.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I always look forward to seeing your woodsy Christmas decor. I love it all. Every year! The skating rink is so delightful. And I think your "skinny old tree" is wonderful. (If I had a full size tree again, I'd want one like that. But alas, none in many years, since the kids left home and only the cats left to enjoy a big tree. You know Mr O doesn't notice such things)

Punk....53 and wind, and you STILL managed to do outside decorating?? Holy purple cow! Guess you Montana girls are use to that sort of weather tho. LOL.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Karen, Yep, I just pulled up my Big Girl Pants and away I went!LOL I was so thankful the snow and cold has gone that I enjoyed being out most of the day.

Didn't go all out like we have some years but something for DGD to enjoy when she comes down. We store all of it upstairs in the shed. I got a good workout by the time I brought it all down & out, staked it and hooked up timers.

I'm thinking I should look for a skinny tree this year when they go on sale after Christmas. It would be nice if I could lift it and bring it to the house myself.

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

Jeanne, I love it all! You really have the knack for putting the right things together!!
    I Love woodsy tree and the skating rink is delightful.
    The deer and your favorite basket are perfect on the fireplace surround that your DH built. He is so talented!
    My living room is full of totes. I hope to finish trimming my tree today so I can put them away.
    Nana

• rafor
    12 years ago

Love your woodsy scenes. Do you keep some of it up past Christmas since it's not so Christmas specific? If so, it's a nice way to extend the season and get more time out of all the work it takes!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Holiday-ers!

Yes, rafor, I do try to decorate for 'Winter' ... I keep it up til early March usually (when I am craving for Spring! I love 'snowmen & snowladies' & deer. The Nativity & Santa's I put away after the New Year.

punk...the window box I've tried about everywhere in my house! I am sad that it did not fit on treadle sewing machine in the LR ...but it is 30" tall (22 wide)...so then I couldn't hang up that big old window w/B&W old Christmas family pics. I've worked at that window box this past yr buying the Old World Santa after sales...finding that slim tree this Fall & a brass rocking horse toy for in the box & painted over some ornies..so will have to keep looking for the perfect spot. It was too crowded by the tree & just didn't jive, I guess. ;-)

nana...'tote' heaven, isn't it! I hate the mess of those plastic bins sitting around! ;-) & PM, I don't have a 'Jazz' living w/me...tee hee! I know you have a new puppy, too! Jeanne S.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is that old Christmas window ...a close-up pic of upper corner ...this pic was just taken this mo. (pardon the 'spackled' holes...painting is on the list of 'to-do's'...

Here's full view ...you can see why my white windowbox wouldn't work on top of the sewing machine top here:

I love this old window which was rescued from my sis' old farmhouse some yrs back before it was tore down. I keep it up all Winter, too. Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    12 years ago

Jeanne - love the woodsy theme and especially the skating scene in the tub - what fun. Really like the enclosure your husband did for the fireplace. That is the next thing my hubby's 'todo' list - I want a mantle so bad to decorate. We don't have a fireplace but he is going the make me a faux fireplace and I will just put candles or a basket full of greenery where the fire would be. I get so inspired from all of you - so many great ideas TFS .....

Lynne

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Let's see, what can I say other than I love it all!! LOVE the little log cabin especially and the window photo hanging is such a great idea. All of your woodsy decorations are just so inviting......

• oldalgebra
    12 years ago

Not enough time to go into detail, but I am always drawn to Jeanne's decor - so warm and cozy, despite all the frolicking by those snowmen and snow ladies.

Hello, everybody. I am always sneaking a peek from time to time, just REAL busy with other stuff right now. Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

OA

• OrchidOCD
    12 years ago

Love them all, but especially the Woodland Santa vignette! Fantastic - so warm, friendly, inviting!

• nana2010_gw
    12 years ago

great use for the old farmhouse window it's wonderful.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

lynne, OA (good to hear from ya!), Orchid & nana...thanks...appreciate your comments!

Porch is done...I'm enjoying it (as it's the only thing done at the moment) ...but everytime I walk by the sliding doors I smile! & the lights on at night makes it feel festive! Don't ya love Christmas time!

Jeanne S.

• SeasonalDecorating__
    12 years ago

Very cute decorations! That Cabin is sooo cute! I love north woods decor, that is the style of my place year round. You did a wonderful job, love it! :)

-SD

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

jeanne...love ALL your woodsy decorating...
    That Woodland Santa & Log Cabin vignette is fabulous.
    I love the look of it...also your lovely '10 yr old' woodsy tree lol...and of course the cute Ice Skating Rink...which is always fun to see.
    You did a beautiful decorating job on 'DH's' fireplace..oil lamp looks perfect up there...everything looks so warm and inviting.
    Your 'old window' photo collage looks just beautiful where you hung it 'spackle' and all!!
    As always....I love EVERYTHING Jeanne...you never disappoint!

jane

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions