Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Blackand White Fall Table

christmascandy
12 years ago

Since I still had the black tablecloth on the table from the Halloween decor, I decided to set a Black and White fall table with my white pumpkins.

The salad plates have a black border with fruit design and the white dinner plates have an embossed edge with oak leaves and acorns, but it doesn't show well in the picture.

The black napkins are tucked under the white plates and over the chargers, but they also don't show up very well.

It is really chilly and windy tonight and we have had some rain but no snow yet. It has been a strange fall. We don't usually get this much snow so early in the season.

Happy Fall Y'all,

Candy

Comments (7)

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Ok, that is simply STUNNING! You make it sound so simple to just whip out a new tablesetting....LOL. My tiny lil' brain can't comprehend this kind of creativity! Arrrggghhh.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

As PM said above, "STUNNING!"
    I was first going to say the 'eye-catcher was those GORGEOUS pumpkin bowls on the GORGEOUS salad plate ...but then I see that my eyes were actually first drawn to the GORGEOUS trio of white pumpkins in the centerpc w/the Baby's Breath!!!

And then I thought, it's all the SILVER accessory color that makes it so GORGEOUS ... but the black t'cloth creates such a striking backgrd which makes the whole t'scape JUST simply GORGEOUS!!! And the crystal stemware & the lil' white placesetting candle/&holder also add to the GORGEOUS aspect of your t'scape!

So, besides, STUNNING, I think your B&W Fall Table is simply GORGEOUS! (that's in case you hadn't figured that out yet!) LOL! TFS, candy! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Candy, beautiful blk & wht fall table. After reading Karen & Jeanne's comments, it's like there is nothing left to add.LOL Love your Candy shot, Candy.

Punk

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Karen, When you have as many TS dishes as I do, it is pretty easy to "whip" out another table. In fact, all of the plates, the CP pumpkins, the tablecloth and napkins, the black bead placemat under the pumpkins, the votive bowls, and the candles are TS treasures. The pumpkin bowls were from Home Goods last year, the little
    S & P's are heirloom, as is the big silver candlestick. The silverware is my everyday, and the Baby's Breath is saved and dried from floral bouquets over the years. The goblets are DT.

Jeanne, Thank you. Black and white just lends itself to drama/stunning. It would be pretty with fall colors, but not as dramatic. The hardest part was getting all of the "spiderweb" off of the black, LOL

Punk, You are all so sweet. As long as I can stand on the chair, the candyshots on this table are easy. On the dining room is a different story.

Thanks again, everybody.
    TTFN,
    Candy

• blizlady
    12 years ago

Very pretty!! I love the look of black & white and your table is just awesome!

• maximavswife
    12 years ago

Dramatically beautiful! Everyone else has already expressed the right words. I love this table!
    Kath

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Candy...what a nice change for a Fall Table.
    It all looks just elegant!
    The B&W combination is so different.
    I love how you layered those beautiful salad
    plates to the white embossed plates
    and added the white pumpkins to top it all off.
    Even the lovely flatware you chose adds to the simple elegance of each setting.
    Very nicely done!

jane

Sponsored
More Discussions