Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painted pilgrim tray

Posted by luvstocraft (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 16, 10 at 21:49

Just got this tray painted and thought you all might like to see it. Have no idea where I will display it, but I've had the pattern book since the late 80's and just decided to give it a try. I'm not totally happy with it, so will probably tweak it a bit more. Hope you enjoy seeing it. Luvs

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painted pilgrim tray

Luvs, your tray is darling. That is the cutest turkey. So glad you was able to finish this in time for Thanksgiving.

Punk

o

I agree with Punk, that turkey just tickles my fancy! And I like all the scrolly greenery too.

hugs, Karen

o

Lookin' good, luvs...I'm sure you'll find a place for it after you're done "tweaking." Jeanne S.

o

oh how sweet - love it - you are so talented luvs TFS .....

Lynne

o

Luvs, That tray is darling.You are so talented.
I wish I could draw.
NanaKaren

o

I'm so glad you revisited that pattern, it turned out great. I love the way turkey is looking at the boy pilgrim.
Frou

o

That's a cutie....the turkey is sayin' "well go ahead boy...kiss her!"

o

LOL that's what I thought too, Jaybird. ;o) Glad you all thought it was fun too, and thanks for your comments. Okay, on to the next thing. Luvs

o

TOO CUTE!!! I know you will enjoy it for years to come. It is one of the cutest turkeys I've seen

o

Your new tray is amazingly beautiful! I love the bright colours used to paint it. Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here - while in some parts of our countryside, some celebrate the end of harvest season - I could see such wonderful tray on my table, lol.
Congratulations on your splendid achievement, Luvs.

o

Luvs, it's adorable. Where are you displaying it?

o

Thanks Oldcrafty, Prosperity and OA. As I said above, I have no idea where I will display it yet, it was just a pattern that I'd had earmarked to do since the late 80's and decided I'd better "git r done" while I still could! LOL

Prosperity, I doubt that "Pilgrims" would mean much to someone from out of the U.S., but I'm glad you liked it.

Oldcrafty, I love your forum name. If you are/were a painter, come on over to the Painting forum and share your expertize and pics with us. We need more activity over there for sure. ;o)

Luvs

o

Oh, what a darling Thanksgiving dec, Luvs! I can't imagine what you could do, tweaking-wise, to make it any better, as I think that it's already perfection!

o

Thanks Lynn, but I do see a few things, especially after posting the picture. Won't point them out, but will tweak a few places a bit. Isn't it funny how you can see things better in a picture than in real life? Wasn't it Judith who told us she always took pictures of her tables and then could see places that needed tweaked?

Luvs

o

That tray is just adorable. You did a great job I don't see anything that needs tweeking. I know you will enjoy it.

Nancy

o

Just darling. Luvs! You will find a place for it, I am sure!

o

What a lovely tray.
I like the soft colors you chose.
This would be so pretty on a stand to display as a decoration.
:)

jane

o

I love it, it looks like the Pat Olson designs! I have a couple brand new wood trays up in the attic. I never use them and put them in the donate pile. Now after seeing this, I'm gonna pull out my old Pat Olson books and pick a pic! I had probably 20-30 books of hers years ago but sold all but 5 that I couldn't part with. Haven't used them in years, but you've inspired me to get my stuff out!

o

Cantgetmynailsclean, sounds like you are a gardener for sure! ;o) This design was from a Juliet Martin book, but I doubt she would recognize it since her's is waaay better than mine! I have a couple Pat Olsen books too and have made a few of her designs for gifts. If you are a painter, be sure to come over to the Painting forum and chat with the painters over there. Small group of us, but all really nice just like the gals here.

Luvs

o

Yup, I made the name when starting chatting in the gardening section, then as I find the other ones my name doesn't make sense as much! haha!

o

Such a cute tray, your painting is great as always :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here