Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvstocraft

Painted pilgrim tray

luvstocraft
13 years ago

Just got this tray painted and thought you all might like to see it. Have no idea where I will display it, but I've had the pattern book since the late 80's and just decided to give it a try. I'm not totally happy with it, so will probably tweak it a bit more. Hope you enjoy seeing it. Luvs

Comments (21)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Luvs, your tray is darling. That is the cutest turkey. So glad you was able to finish this in time for Thanksgiving.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I agree with Punk, that turkey just tickles my fancy! And I like all the scrolly greenery too.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Lookin' good, luvs...I'm sure you'll find a place for it after you're done "tweaking." Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

oh how sweet - love it - you are so talented luvs TFS .....

Lynne

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Luvs, That tray is darling.You are so talented.
    I wish I could draw.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I'm so glad you revisited that pattern, it turned out great. I love the way turkey is looking at the boy pilgrim.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

That's a cutie....the turkey is sayin' "well go ahead boy...kiss her!"

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL that's what I thought too, Jaybird. ;o) Glad you all thought it was fun too, and thanks for your comments. Okay, on to the next thing. Luvs

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

TOO CUTE!!! I know you will enjoy it for years to come. It is one of the cutest turkeys I've seen

• prosperity66
    13 years ago

Your new tray is amazingly beautiful! I love the bright colours used to paint it. Although we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here - while in some parts of our countryside, some celebrate the end of harvest season - I could see such wonderful tray on my table, lol.
    Congratulations on your splendid achievement, Luvs.

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Luvs, it's adorable. Where are you displaying it?

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Oldcrafty, Prosperity and OA. As I said above, I have no idea where I will display it yet, it was just a pattern that I'd had earmarked to do since the late 80's and decided I'd better "git r done" while I still could! LOL

Prosperity, I doubt that "Pilgrims" would mean much to someone from out of the U.S., but I'm glad you liked it.

Oldcrafty, I love your forum name. If you are/were a painter, come on over to the Painting forum and share your expertize and pics with us. We need more activity over there for sure. ;o)

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Oh, what a darling Thanksgiving dec, Luvs! I can't imagine what you could do, tweaking-wise, to make it any better, as I think that it's already perfection!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Lynn, but I do see a few things, especially after posting the picture. Won't point them out, but will tweak a few places a bit. Isn't it funny how you can see things better in a picture than in real life? Wasn't it Judith who told us she always took pictures of her tables and then could see places that needed tweaked?

Luvs

• santacltr2
    13 years ago

That tray is just adorable. You did a great job I don't see anything that needs tweeking. I know you will enjoy it.

Nancy

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Just darling. Luvs! You will find a place for it, I am sure!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

What a lovely tray.
    I like the soft colors you chose.
    This would be so pretty on a stand to display as a decoration.
    :)

jane

• cantgetmynailsclean
    13 years ago

I love it, it looks like the Pat Olson designs! I have a couple brand new wood trays up in the attic. I never use them and put them in the donate pile. Now after seeing this, I'm gonna pull out my old Pat Olson books and pick a pic! I had probably 20-30 books of hers years ago but sold all but 5 that I couldn't part with. Haven't used them in years, but you've inspired me to get my stuff out!

• luvstocraft
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cantgetmynailsclean, sounds like you are a gardener for sure! ;o) This design was from a Juliet Martin book, but I doubt she would recognize it since her's is waaay better than mine! I have a couple Pat Olsen books too and have made a few of her designs for gifts. If you are a painter, be sure to come over to the Painting forum and chat with the painters over there. Small group of us, but all really nice just like the gals here.

Luvs

• cantgetmynailsclean
    13 years ago

Yup, I made the name when starting chatting in the gardening section, then as I find the other ones my name doesn't make sense as much! haha!

• judithva
    13 years ago

Such a cute tray, your painting is great as always :)

Sponsored
More Discussions