Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black Christmas Tree

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 21:43

On Halloween, I found this 6' tall skinny black tree at GdWl for $12.75.
I used it outside that night as part of the outside d�cor.

I have since moved it into the guest bedroom and decorated it for Christmas with silver tinsel garland, white iridescent snowflakes and small silver ornies from DT, some silver cherubs/harps/ornies in a pkg. from ARC TS, and some crystal drops and a crystal angel from Hob. Lob.
The tree topper is a white angel with fiber optic wings, moving head and hands (one hand is holding a lit star) $4.25 at GdWl.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It had the original box and I just saw the same tree on sale at Hob. Lob. for $64.95!!!

Tree topper:

It is much prettier IRL than I can show here!

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black Christmas Tree

Ok Miz Candy....not only ANOTHER super buy on this REALLY neat tree, but also the angel topper! The more I see these tall "skinny" trees in my web browsing for our inspiration albums, the more I like them!
Who'd have thought a BLACK Christmas tree after using it for Halloween? Well who besides YOU of course!! It looks absolutely stunning with those decorations on it. I LOVE it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

But its not enough you have done all the neat Halloween decorating, fall stuff, AND working on the decorations for the Ladies Luncheon...you go and finish up a CHRISTMAS tree to boot. I'd be shaking my head if I could get my jaw off the floor!!

hugs, Karen

o

Candy, I second what Karen has said! Looks beautiful
all decorated with silver and white. The angel is gorgeous
and perfect for the top.

So happy you found these and brought them home. Great
buys and they will be LOVED!!!

Punk

o

Another winner! I'm beginning to like the look of the slim trees too. I'm in the market for a tree this year; can't decide if I'm going to brave Black Friday or wait until after the season for clearances.

o

It's so beautiful, I love it also.
Christine

o

Well I have to admit I would never have thought of a black Christmas tree, but you certainly have done a great job of making it beautiful!

o

Your new black tree looks so elegant decorated with silver and white.
The angel on top is the crowning touch.
Another great find.
Nana

o

Wow, candy...out of my realm thinking of a black tree ... but this is simply gorgeous! what a combo w/the silvers & iridiscent ornies & crystal. That 'angel' is perfect ... she is beautiful! Way to go, girl! Beautiful! TFS! ~~Jeanne

& I love the other angel nearby in the 1st pic, too. We can all use 'angels' watching 'over us. ;-) Jeanne S.

o

It was surprising to even HEAR of a black Christmas tree so, of course, I had to tune in. It is quite lovely as everyone agrees. Another year you might enjoy spraying it with snow just to temporarily give it a revised look. If you didn't like it, a good shake outside would clean it up again. Just a thought of the fun you might have with that unusual tree. Enjoy.

Pink

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here