Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Triple Whammy!

lynninnewmexico
13 years ago

They say that bad things go in 3's. I'm not superstitious, but . . . . Last week my 24 y/o nephew was killed in a car accident. And then, last night our long time very dear friend passed on. She was quite elderly, but had been in good shape until two days ago. Still, it's sad to lose her. And then, this evening, I was watching our local news and up pops a picture of my (another) friend, and the newscaster is saying that she was found dead in her house today! I almost passed out, I was so shocked. (Sigh) I thought I'd be seeing her at the baby shower I'm co-hosting this Sunday. I immediately called a few of our mutual friends and nobody's heard any details as yet. But, we all heard it the same way, which was a terrible way to find out something like that. She was a very successful and well-known professional. She was divorced and her only child, who's DS's age (25-26) and friend, I've known since kindergarten, now lives out of state. I just had to call him and let him know. Sad.

Sorry . . . I'm rambling again. I'm just flat-out stunned and upset and sad. I'm really glad that the old saying isn't "Bad things run in fours", or I don't know what I'd do.

Lynn

Comments (14)

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

You must be in terrible shock right now. I know it will be hard for you to host the up-coming shower. I'm so sorry about this. I remember that we had a murder in the family when I was still in my early twenties. Seems like such awful things only take place on TV. I am so sorry. I will be praying for you to be able to muster all the strength you will need in the up-coming days.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Lynn,

I am so sorry--what a blow. I am praying for your strength in these coming days. What a very sad thing, especially, for your nephew and his family. 24 years old! It gives me pause and sometimes I wonder why I am so lucky to have gotten as old as I have. I think things like this should teach us to be grateful for every day and the wonderful things we have, even in times of great sadness.

- Magpie

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

((Lynn))it is hard to come up with words but I will pray for God to give you strength to get through these losses - you have a lot to deal with ......

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Sometimes it just feels like too too much, doesn't it? All such sad things for you to have to deal with. Hugs and prayers, Luvs

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

lynn...what a shock! Good thoughts & prayers continuing your way...take good care of yourself & your loved ones. Awful news & in such a short time. Hugs to you, friend..Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks so much for you kind thoughts. I'm still reeling from all this, but my main concerns are for the immediate families (my brother and his other son;our elderly friend's family and now, my other friend's only child). I watched the late news at 10PM tonight to see if there was anymore info, but what they reported was vague and confusing. I do want to make clear one thing . . . reading back to my original post, it sounded like I called my friend's child to pass on the news. I was rattled when I wrote it (THAT'S an understatement!); I meant that I had to call *my* DS to tell him the sad news, not my friend's. Her child, a daughter, now lives in San Francisco and I don't know her new phone number. (Sigh!)As much as I'm hurting, my brother, other nephew, and now my friends are the ones that are really feeling the pain and my heart breaks for them.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Lynn, I will pray that this is all you will have to go through for a very long time. It's so hard to let those we love go before us. I've always believed God does not give us more than we can endure. However, I've told him a few times he's really pushing it, I'm not that strong. This must be the way you are feeling now.

May you find the strenght to celebrate your friends new life.

Sharing your sorrow & sending my love.

Punk

• trudymom
    13 years ago

I am sorry for all you have had to go through. You are in my prayers...

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Lynn, I am almost at a loss as to what to say. Your heart must be ripped to pieces with so much at once. Bad things do seem to often happen in threes for some reason.
    Finding out on the news of a personal loss is horrible!
    (My best friend just went thru that as well and she was so devastated.)

I never have believed that "God doesn't give us more than we can handle"....but I do believe that God helps us handle what we are given!

I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. And your brother and his son. I hope they are holding up as well as possible. The holidays will be so difficult for all.

I am deeply sorry, Lynn.
    hugs, Karen

"Grief is the price we pay for Love"
    (Queen Elizabeth II)

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Lynn, How awful!! I am so sorry for all the tragedy
    you and your family are experiencing.
    Keeping you in my prayers.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

My heart goes out to you Lynne and all the family members involved also. It's hard enough when someone is sick or elderly, but really hard when something happens unexpectly. I lost my closet brother in September unexpectedly and am still in shock some days. I'll say an extra prayer for y'all today.
    Frou

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Oh Lynnie....my heart hurts for you....what a terrible week. You are in my extra special prayers today, and I'm sending you a Texas sized hug...
    Blessings,
    J

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Lynn, I am so sorry to hear of all that you are having to endure. My prayer is that God in His infinate wisdom will give you the strength you need to get through this. I have had people tell me just to take one day at a time, but I have often felt that one day was more than I could handle, then I just have to pray, "God help me get throught the next hour." He has always seen me through, and He will you too.My thoughts and prayers will be with you. A big hu to a friend, Janet

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Lynn.. I'm so sory for all you've been going through.
    It's hard to deal with one sudden and untimely tragedy..
    but to have two more so close makes it all the harder.
    Please know you're in my prayers.

jane

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH
More Discussions