Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
One last Halloween Hurrah!

Posted by christmascandy (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 3, 10 at 21:22

This is the outside of the house on Halloween. The lights across the front porch are orange in a black garland. The lights in the trees are Jack O'Lanterns and 4 of the 5 strands were in a bag from the thrift store this fall.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Several of the Trick or Treaters were very complimentary about the outside decor.

Now I need to get it put away and get ready for the Christmas lights.

TTFN,
Candy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: One last Halloween Hurrah!

What great way to welcome the Trick or Treaters! I bet your house was everyone's favorite! I know it would be mine. Since you have a LOT of Christmas stuff, when do you start doing your decorating? How long do you leave it up? I'm so excited about seeing what you do that I want the details now. LOL.

I just got my Halloween decor all down, but only part of it packed back up. My Dad's had a really bad week and its been hard to get anything done while taking care of him.
I have a lot of Thanksgiving decor to get out and placed and sure hope I can get it done by the weekend. I'm trying NOT to think about Christmas or I'll be too over-whelmed to move. LOL. Time is just flying by this year.
Wish it would slow down just a bit.
Actually I wish someone would move Thanksgiving to SEPT.
I might need to move to Canada to have more time to decorate for Christmas. ;o)

hugs, Karen

o

It looks really nice Candy, and that big lighted Jack o Lantern sure says "come get your treats here." How great that you found most of the lights for good prices at the TS too. Sure makes decorating more fun when you get bargains. Luvs

o

Candy, I love the way you decorated the outside of your house.
It was very welcoming for the trick or treaters.
Even better that you got such a bargain!
NanaK

o

Great lights, candy! No question about a welcoming at your front door! Fun! Fun! TFS! Jeanne S.

purplemoon...if you find a way to slo-o-w things down a bit, pass it on (please)...hugs to you & your DD.

o

Candy,

Oh, I love the orange lights. I didn't decorate this year 'cause we were on a vacation in connection with my nephew's wedding at the end of October.

What strikes me most is the four jack o'lanterns on the porch (steps?). I really like those--I think I'll do that next year.

- Magpie

o

It looked great, Candy . . . very welcoming, too!
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here