Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet1_2007

Inspiring the next generation

janet1_2007
12 years ago

I had not posted in so long that I needed to go back and read the instructions before I attempted to post. I goofed!!! I thought I was starting a new post but I just posted on Luv's post that I had been reading. Please go to Post "Some Fall Tables" to read about why I am excited. Thanks, Janet

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Here is Janet's post (in case you missed it on luv's) ;-)

Posted by janet1_2007 (My Page) on Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 21:12

Yesterday evening my daughter called me and ask if I had a clear iced tea pitcher she could borrow to serve iced tea with orange slices in for a jewelery party she was hosting. When she came to get it, she was looking at everything I had to take out of the china hutch to get to it, and she kept asking where I got this or that. She couldn't believe that the things she liked the most were either TS, GW or YS . When we were putting the things back she stood back and said "MOM, I get all your glassware when you die". Then this evening, I called to ask how her party went, and she was so excited. Everybody had had a fit over her serving dishes which I had given to her from MY Favorite Shopping places or the few pieces I had given her new for Birthdays or Christmas gifts. I am so happy that she has decided that her MOM is not completely crazy because she likes to collect dishes.A year ago she thought I was a horder. (I told her then if I wasn't she would be in trouble when she needed to borrow something) I"m loving it! Janet

Woo-hooo, janet...love it! Our DD's may learn to love a few things that we do too! LOL! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Janet, this is wonderful news. So happy your DD wants all yours in time. You and DD will have so much fun being able to share dishes for all the fun get togethers ahead. I love to go to parties that the hostess has put alot of effort into setting up.

I didn't appreciate dishes until right before I lost my DM and she gave me her Royal Doulton set. Then, I found this great Holiday bunch. What I've learned is... there's no such thing as to many dishes and my cupboards over floweth.LOL

Hope my DD will enjoy all my dishes someday and then pass them on to DGD. I know DGD loves them now and she's only 6! I always tell her she gets all my dishes and diamonds. I'd be happy to share some of mine with DD right now so I could keep shopping and have room to store them.LOL

Punk

• janet1_2007
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks. Jeannie, I don't know how to move a post---got a lot to learn. Janet

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

You're welcome, janet...I just 'copied' & 'pasted' your message & then 'bold' by typing at beg of your message & at the end of your message.

We are always learning, aren't we. LOL! No problem...loved your post about DD! Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Passing on the "Enablers-R-Us" gene is a wonderful tradition! Good for you!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Janet, I'm so glad that Jeanne put your post here, and I'm so happy for you that your DD 'discovered' (and now can relate to) your dish collecting! It also makes you know that one day far, far off from now...all your treasures will be enjoyed by her as well.
    Yep, I agree with Marlene...
    'Passing on 'Enablers-R-Us'tradition!! It's a Good Thing!

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Janet, I commented on the other thread about how happy I am for you.

Reading the above posts makes me think about how my DD and my 4 granddaughters may someday WISH I was a dish-nut!! Somehow I don't see them fighting over my dog, horse, and bunny statues! LOL.
    I'll probably be one of those poor souls whose beloved treasures end up in GW. sighing.

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
Brenda M. Miller Designer of Interior Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars73 Reviews
Client-Oriented Interior Design in Loudoun County | Best of Houzz X6
More Discussions