Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Veterans Day Table

christmascandy
13 years ago

I created this table for Veterans Day.

Everything on the table is thrift store treasures except the red/white/blue foil star spray and the helicopter.

My husband was a helicopter mechanic in VietNam and this is a model of the ones he worked on when he was stationed there.

Thank you to all of our military heroes, past and present!! Our freedom rests on their shoulders and I am very grateful for their service.

TTFN,

Candy

Comments (11)

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Yes, thank you to all our veterans!
    What a lovely tribute to them, Candy!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

That is wonderful, Candy! I love you added the helicopter and the story with it. Tell your DH I am proud of him, and all our vets. What you said is so perfect...our freedom DOES rest on their shoulders!

I confess to being a bit distracted and not thinking about tomorrow like I usually do. My Dad has to go in hospital to get his pacemaker replaced and will be in surgery about 2 hrs. But he should be released tomorrow evening if all goes well. He's a veteran of WWII, Korean War, and was in Vietnam during the first year (before things got really bad). And my 25 yr old grandson was in Iraq. So I darn well better get my head on right and be thinking of all the wonderful men and women who are the backbone of this country!
    Thanks for the beautiful reminder of your table!

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Candy, so glad you set this table for Veterans Day. I enjoyed reading about your DH and seeing the helicopter too. Pretty table and that runner is wonderful. I like the way you folded your napkins and added the silverware on this table.

Thank you to all of our military heroes, past and present!! Our freedom rests on their shoulders and I am very grateful for their service. Sooo True!

Punk

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wonderful table, candy, that you are thinking of Veteran's Day tomorrow. RW&B & Stars & Stripes certainly fit the bill! I'm thinking those flag plates might be Kimball ...whatever they are, they look lovely on your table. And TFS your DH's helicopter & vet history...& yes, we must keep good thoughts & prayers going to all those serving our country. We are blessed. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Candy, your table is such a lovely Tribute to All our War Veterans.
    I like how you incorperated the helicopter and it's meaning.
    I think you did an excellent job with the banner,your napkins, flatware and your RW&B plates.
    I see you were hanging from the chandelier again!
    Geat overhead shot.
    My cousin was a Helicopter Pilot in Viet Nam and my Father served in WW11.
    I'm so grateful for all who served for our Country...
    It's nice to see you took the time to put this table together in their honor.

jane

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Candy and everyone,

Seems like we all have veterans in our families (my brother and nephew) but even if we didn't it is so important to stop to remember and honor the sacrifices of our men and women in uniform. Your table has done so in a lovely way. Like everyone else I love the symbolism of the helicopter, and the proud rendition of the red, white, and blue reminds us of why they serve.

- Magpie

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Candy, Your table is a wonderful tribute to our veterans. My Dad was a WWII vet and wounded in Germany, DH served the Navy during the Cuban Missile Crisis.and DD was in the Military during Desert Storm.
    Karen I'm keeping your Dad in my prayers.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

What a grand tribute to all our special heros. I love both the plates and the napkin fold is very smart looking. My FIL is a WWII vet and we are so proud of him.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

What a nice tribute to our Veterans past and present - thank you for caring and sharing and a BIG thanks for all who served and are presently serving

my late husband served 1962-1966 United States Coast Guard .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Very nice table, Candy, you sure find just the perfect things on your "treasure shopping" trips. I enjoyed hearing about your DH being a helicopter mechanic in Vietnam. Mine was an airplane mechanic stationed in Thailand, and also served on the USS Myles C Fox aircraft carrier. We are truly blessed to have so many men and women willing and dedicated to serve/protect our freedom and the lives of so many people. How great that you created this special table to honor your DH and Veteran's Day.

Luvs

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kathleen, thank you for your kind comment.
    Karen, T & P's for your Dad. I hope all went well.
    Punk, I got that runner at ARC for .35c !! I'm always looking for different ways to fold the napkins and this seemed to need the silverware to "nestle" in.
    Jeanne, yes the flag plates are Kimble.
    Jane & Magpie, since my DH is a vet, it seemed necessary to include the helicopter to honor him.
    Nana, Frou, Lynne, Luvs, & everybody else,
    We should all be very proud of our veterans and what they hve done for our nation!! Thank you doesn't seem like enough for their service, but it will have to do for now.

TTFN,
    Candy

Sponsored
More Discussions