Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximavswife

Amber Coffee Klatch

maximavswife
12 years ago

The hubs and I attended our first auction last Spring and one of the lots I won was a box filled with vintage amber ware ($35.00 for the whole box!).

Yesterday I set a table using many of the pieces. I used my late mother and our neighbors as my inspiration. They would gather together. Each one would bring something with them whether it be little finger sandwiches (crusts removed of course)or sweet little desserts. I remember their laughter and whispered stories of so and so with much fondness.

Kath

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures here

Comments (7)

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Kath, love all your amber dishes on this table. It gives a very warm feeling. Part of this might be your wonderful story to go with this setting. What a neat tc to display all of this on.

Your center hurricane is beautiful. Your gold flatware looks great with the amber dishes. It's all so pretty together. I don't have any gold flatware.Sigh We all need to have WANTS huh? You Enabler You!LOL

BTW, we now have some of that white stuff you shared in an earlier post. Seems way to early but I got my snow tires on last week and I'm glad.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

What a warm and lovely table, and like Punk said...the wonderful story that goes with it. I truly enjoyed it all.
    I can almost picture a fire going and snowing outside, and being all cozy at your table.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

maxi ... there's that beautiful t'cloth again! Wow, it sure looks good w/that great auction find of gold amber!!!

Loved your reminiscing story of your Mom & neighbor...you're certainly created a beautiful t'scape from those memories! That crackled hurricane is gorgeous, too & will be used alot, I bet! And that 'old' gold flatware (LOL about old) is beautiful on this table! TFS your coffee klatch! ;-) Jeanne S.

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

LOVE your amber glass! What a great deal you got at the auction....your table looks so warm and inviting. Those kinds of memories are so sweet to us as we get older, aren't they?

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Lovely table. ALL your vintage Amber pieces are just beautiful and give such a warm and welcoming feeling that says 'Sit down and join us'! Nice price for the box lot...I think they would charge that for on piece here...espec that Hurricane...it's beautiful
    I was touched by the fond memories that inspired you.
    I think they would love to sit at this table to enjoy those conversations again!
    Very sweet and nice to remember.

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Solid gold stars for this one!
    The amber ware is beautiful and I have some goblets from 1970 that would look great with that table, so when you are done with it, just send it my way, LOL.
    The paisley tablecloth is the perfect background for this table. Fun story too.

TFS,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

Kathe, I have always loved the warmth of amber, so your table is a natural attraction to me. Your centerpiece if beautiful, and the tablecloth is the perfect background for the beautiful dishes. Janet

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions