Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Thanksgiving table and Turkey Trot

nana2010_gw
13 years ago

Here is my Thanksgiving Table. I kept it simple so I could feature The pretty bullion cups that came to me from my great Aunt. The table cloth is from CTS and the Pilgrims are from Dollar General. The white pumpkin was an orange one I had my son cut the top off it and spray paint it.

I had more turkeys than I realized. I did get the white one this year. The two dark ones are candles from the early the early 1960's. They were made in Buffalo, NY. They were sold at Woolworths. The small one originally sold for 39 cents and the large one was $1.19. Sorry about the color. I'm having problems with the flash on my camera.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

NanaKaren

Comments (8)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Your tablecloth is so nice for a fall table--good find. Your china looks really pretty, and you sure do have a nice collection of turkeys--how fun! Hope you had a wonderful day!

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

NanaK, first off I LOLed at your "candy shot". Didn't know you were swinging from chandeliers too. Or maybe dancing on the bar like Punk? LOL.

You are raising turkeys it looks like! What a wonderful collection you have going.

Those bullion cups are really lovely. And I am definitely liking that pretty tablecloth as well.

Gosh I remember Woolworths and how I loved shopping there.
    Especially as a child and my parents would let me buy a china horse or dog when we went. 25 Cents each. LOL.
    I think I miss those days!

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving,
    Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh I agree Nana...what a lovely table setting.
    Those bullion cups are beautiful and what a treasure to own from your Great Aunt.
    You have a nice collection of turkeys and they look great all clustered together. Reminds me of the turkeys that showed up by my bird feeder...lol

I'm with Karen on missing Woolworths and as a kid being able to buy something really nice for a quarter.
    They carried just about everything.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

NK...very pretty t'scape...love the t'cloth & like PM, am impressed with the "candyshot!" Your china looks beautiful & so cool that you used those cups from your great aunt. I bet the the Enablers R Us syndrome had struck when you changed that pumpkin from orange to white & filled it with flowers! LOL! Looks great on your table!

Yup, I can hear that turkey trot all the way from your house:

Gobble-diddle-ip
    Gobble-Gobble-diddle-ip
    Gobble-diddle-ip
    Gobble-Gobble-diddle-ip)
    Come on let's turkey trot

LOL! TFS! Jeanne S.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Karen I stood on a step stool to get my "Candyshot" I miss Woolworths also. I used to work there too many years ago to mention.
    Jeanne you are right, Enablers R US did strike [ya do what ya gotta do!] I thought that pumpkin was plastic but it was some sort if resin. Yep, that's what they sound like. LOL, I think they are trying to compete with the 40 or more that pass through the field behind my house!!

NanaKaren

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Lovely table. The soup cups are fabulous!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Beautiful tablecloth and your bullion cups and saucers are wonderful. Pretty flowers for the cp too. I love your simply elegant table!

That's a great turkey collection you have there also.

Punk

• Boopadaboo
    13 years ago

I agree with the above, what a pretty table cloth. I love using items from my relatives. Especially my mom, grandmother and great grandmother. I am lucky to have pieces from all of them. Very pretty bullion cups. I had never heard of them before!

Sponsored
More Discussions