Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

On with the show ... or snow ... or whatever

jeannespines
9 years ago

Yay! It's time to get out the 'Winter decor' ... Christmas is less than a month away ... lucky me, my teen gr'son & his Dad carried up all my totes to the porch for me today ...so now I can decorate @ my own pace ... takes me awhile! ;-) Lookin' forward to see all the Christmas decor here on the Holiday Forum! ~~Jeanne

Comments (16)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey, we got a tree today @ the tree farm nearby .... will be decorating it soon! Thanksgiving is over & it's less than 4 weeks til Christmas! Tis the season ~~ Jeanne

• nana2010_gw
    9 years ago

this is a wonderful photo Jeanne.
    I'm glad to see you looking well.
    Cant' wait to see your tree.
    Nana

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I am POOPED!! Just finished the last of the decorating. 10+ nativity sets, the Christmas village, the band, Angel collection, Christmas trees on and on. All that is left is the big tree and that always waits a week. It may take me a week to recover. Here is the slat tree DH made years ago. I see in the stores they are back "in" again!! Merry Christmas!!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow! Good for you Arcy .... it will take me a couple weeks! I have never seen a 'slat tree' ... so TFSharing! Very cool! Now enjoy & relax! ~~Jeanne

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Thanks Jeanne and Arcy for sharing! As Nana said, wonderful to see you looking well! Arcy keep posting your progress. Love your tree DH made! Stay warm and safe DF.

Punk

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

A few years ago I inherited my MIL's village. I am deeply invested in Nativity sets..so wasn't sure what I would do with this set. It included memory laden buildings, a library, MIL secured the grant that enabled her small town to have a library; a Court House, FIL was Mayor for 30 years. I already had a cardboard village my own daddy painstakingly crafted. DH made the book case for his mom's can collection and when she died it too came back to us. So here they are all melded and ready to celebrate the holiday.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Ohhh, arcy ... that is a wonderful display ... I think you need to start a post of your own so no one will miss your decor!!! Very cool ...your 'melding' of memories. ;-) ~~Jeanne

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

That is sweet of you to say so Jeanne. I hesitate to post much more as last year I think I posted all the nativities. I should "search" me and see if they are still accessible. Mean while the Angels are watching. For years I was a stay at home mom with few resources and a lot of friends/relatives I wanted to "gift". I have always loved crafting--especially the full proof type. Many of these here are ones I made and gave away. A few were gifts. The lady in the back front and center was another inherited piece from my MIL. She is circa 1960 and a joy to own!! I probably "learned" here a collection is much more impact-full if one displays them all together. It also gave me a spot for them all as I am a tish FULL at my house during Christmas!! The lady on the left is my "first" angel craft, thanks again to my MIL. Whenever we visited she always made sure there was something for us "to do" as we got to know one another.

• wobur123
    9 years ago

Looking forward to seeing your fresh tree in progress, Jeanne. I miss having a fresh one.

Arcy, your things are all so lovely! Such good inspiration while I am still putting away the last of TG. Thank you!

Wobur

• phonegirl
    9 years ago

Arcy, love seeing your village and angel collection. You can
    Never share to much here on Holidays! We love everything
    You share and the beautiful memories that come with it.

Punk

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

As you see I have a "condition." Here is my tree collection. The package tree, left of the fiber optic tree, is another MIL craft. We had such fun. I had no idea why she asked her son to cut her hundreds of teeny tiny wooded blocks. Yes those are miniature Nativity ornaments on the FO tree. The other light up is one my youngest made at an engineering exploration summer school class. (I confiscated it!!) Two of the trees are ones my daughters decorated in school. Among them you can see the only two santa's in my home. I am not much of a santa fan--too many other CHRISTmas symbols to embrace! but these were gifts and I love that they more closely resemble St. Nicholas than santa, so they found a home on the antique stockman's desk my MIL gave me years ago. You can see the original owner peeking through the trees,

• luvstocraft
    9 years ago

Jeanne, that's such a good picture of you and your hubby. That fresh tree will soon make your home smell wonderful!

Arcy, you have some nice collections and wonderful memories to go with them all. That's what I love about taking out the decorations each year, remembering who gave it to me or where I bought it, or when I made it. Oftentimes I run across items I've forgotten I even had! lol

Enjoy the holidays.

Luvs

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh, arcy, I am enjoying your photos so much .... such lovely collections but mostly that you made so many of them & they are filled with memories & history!

Love all the angels on top of your china cabinet! Yes, a collection filled with love ... & put together makes an impact! Love it!

& as you can tell by my name jeannespines ... I love pine trees ... so your collection on that dresser was so fun to explore! TFSharing ... also I changed my 'subject of posting' to include Arcy's photos! Don't want anyone to miss them!!

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

Any one else a Norman Rockwell fan? I used to love looking forward to what the new snicker's Tin would be. It is a huge loss in my holiday celebrating not to have them to seek out.

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

I take down my Terry Redlin "God Bless America" plates and put up my tins. I have some plates in the dining room too!! No one captured Christmas like Rockwell!!

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Wowzer!
    Love All excitement here again..Jeanne, caught up with the lovely
    Photo of you and Hubby on FB. Both of you looking wonderful.
    Loved seeing your Tree today too. You did a fabulous job on it.
    I enjoyed seeing Mr & Mrs Clause beneath the tree ...they've become a tradition here.
    Arcy, your decorations and collections and the way they are displayed,
    Are awesome! I love how you displayed your tins and love that you're carrying on family memories and also
    creating new ones of your own. You are quite talented.
    I've always been a big Norman Rockwell fan from when I was very young...Always looked forward to his Artwork on the Saturday Evening Post Covers. The town next to mine where he once lived, was big on celebrating everything about him. I ordered his Art Book from my book club a week before he'd died, and a week later they informed me it was no longer for sale...which really disappointed me. I figured they'd resell it for probably for twice the price.
    TFS everyone...
    jane

Sponsored
More Discussions