Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
a few more ideas to share

Posted by purplemoon (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 16, 11 at 20:38

Glue Pinecone rosettes for a topiary, and lightly spray white for a wintry look.
pinecone rosettes for a topiary_lightly sprayed white

Just a bowl on a candlestick....fill with pretty ornaments!
Photobucket

Now this is a neat idea for extra storage space!!
Photobucket

Enjoy, Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: a few more ideas to share

Those are some good ideas, PM! I always think that glass ornies look so good in a clear bowl like that ...like it on a candlestick! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Karen, thanks for the eye candy. The Pinecone rosettes for a topiary is neat. I would like to see it lifted up more like an original topiary. I always love the Christmas balls in decor and the candle stick adds a nice touch. That stair case storage is a wonderful idea for those building.

I have thought about starting to fill some of my jars with ornaments but that's where it's at. Don't know why I can't seem to get started this year. I have all my totes moved to the garage and just haven't done a thing yet.

Punk

o

Wonderful ideas Karen...love the pinecone Topiary..that's another outdoor idea that's good for all winter.
The stair storage is another good idea..who couldn't use extra space.
TFS

Punk...for quite a while now you've been on the go at work Double & Triple time...I can understand why you're having a hard time getting started. Take it slow, one tote at a time and if it All doesn't happen...let it slide. You're well being is more important.

jane

o

Punk....ditto. I spent the last two afternoons trying to clean up the messy garage and reorganize out there. Too darn much STUFF. I was planning to bring the Xmas bins in this weekend and also set up my Village first. But I can't seem to wrap my head around actually decorating yet. I'm afraid if I don't start asap, I'll just let it go by and not do a thing this year. I tried making a list of how I want to decorate some areas, so when I pulled things out I'd already know what I wanted to do with a lot of it. I'm good at making lists!! LOL. Quite good in fact! I love lists, its a great way to torment myself as I procrastinate my way thru life these days. NOT!

Actually I thought someone could do storage under an existing staircase if they had the right contractor to figure it out. I've seen folks make bookcases and other ideas too. Great use of wasted space IMO.

hugs, Karen

o
RE: and a few more

Make your own (rock) penguins. Aren't they cute?!

Photobucket

Gingerbread Terrarium

Photobucket

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here