Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Dollbaby in her Winter duds! + a special rustic photo

jeannespines
10 years ago

Dollbaby got changed into her Winter duds today because she was still playing 'Halloween' & her candy is long gone! ;-)

This is a knitted (w/specs of gold & trimmed in fur) outfit I found for her @my fave consignment shop last season! Doesn't she look adorable!

Comments (10)

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Her trayscape is this cute (on his belly) iceskating snowman! & the lil' red cardinal is a gift from some years back ...which lights up! Dollbaby has enjoyed that today! There will be some confetti snowflakes sprinkled on her tray-scape but they must be packed away in the plastic tubs in the garage... will come out after Thanksgiving!

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's a full view ... the furry baby shoes came from my cedar chest ... I once wore them ~~giggle.

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    10 years ago

...and last but not least, this special rustic Fall vignette on the Hoosier cabinet on the porch ... these are some treasures I have found recently ... + painted some terracotta pots which are going on my patio table this Winter w/pine cones. The old canning jar & rusty lantern I found at a couple diff places while on a day trip w/friends recently ...

& a very special friend gave me this scarf ... someone has shared her love of it ~~ the rustic colors are so beautiful & it is hand-crocheted, it looks like... so since the snow isn't flying yet, I put it on my porch so I can admire the beauty of it right now. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

...ohhh & that is Rosemary in the old potting jar that I cut from my gardens.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Jeanne, you snagged some great accessories for your doll -- I love that sliding snowman and YOUR booties are just too cute!

Love the rosemary setting and use of that scarf! Funny, but I was recently researching what's called hyperbolic plane crochet and from the photo that's what I believe your scarf may be!

Here is a link that might be useful: Hyperbolic Plane Crochet

• christmascandy
    10 years ago

OH!!
    Dollbaby is darling!!! How fun that she can wear your booties!

Dollbaby is reminding me that Rosemary needs a different outfit.
    I actually used Rosemary as my model to help me make Dylan's apron (see Home for the Holidays post). Dylan and Rosemary are the same size right now, so I just used her to judge the size of the apron. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think of it at the time.

Your vignette with the old lantern is "picture perfect."
    The colors in the scarf are perfect for fall.
    That is sure a BIG pine cone! Looks great in the painted pot. All you have to do is switch the scarf for Christmas.

I can't believe how quickly time is flying right now! It was just Halloween and now its almost Thanksgiving!!

I started putting up the outside Christmas décor as the weather has been nice and since I don't get any help, it takes a while. I have to do it while the roof is dry. Also,I want it done by Thanksgiving so I can turn on the lights when the guests leave.

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Jeanne, Dollbaby is adorable in her sweater and your shoes are a perfect match. Love it that you have some of your baby things you can use on her. The little cardial lit up and the sledding snowman is so darn cute.

Your vignette is beautiful! Your new scarf and rosemary fit right in. You have such a knack for putting things together. Always makes me go awe!!! You also find some neat things while shopping.

Candy, so glad your weather is nice so you can decorate outside. I normally turn the lights on when the guests leave too. However, we've had some snow and it's 30 with cold winds here. Doesn't make me want to go out and do anything. I may have to enjoy yours!LOL

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Ahh Dollbaby looks so sweet and happy to be ready for winter weather. [ I"m not] I bet she enjoys playing with her new toys too.
    I love the vignette on your hosier
    The color of your crocheted scarf is so pretty it is the perfect addition.
    TFS
    Nana

• christine1950
    10 years ago

How adorable your Dollbaby is, I love the little sparkle in her outfit, just perfect for the holiday.
    Christine

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

Dollbaby always has the cutest outfits, but this one really sparkles. Literally. What a wonderful find ! She looks sooo pretty in it.

That lantern was super find too. I love the vignette you created, and that beautiful scarf sure makes it 'pop'.

hugs, Karen

• Marlene Kindred
    10 years ago

Dollbaby is a cutie pie! Love her coat for those winter snows you have already been having! Her snowman buddy is really sweet and that she is wearing your shoes is really something special!

Sponsored
Grant Boulevard Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Fairfax County
More Discussions