Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Thanksgiving & Fall Decor in the Dining Area

jeannespines
11 years ago

Worked on the dining room Thanksgvg decor today ... cool, windy day so stayed indoors mostly. Here's the table centerpc:

Added the leaf runner I got last yr from TJMaxx & the scroll wood leaves DH made me some yrs back...here' a close-up of that squirrel I got at a specialty shop last season, too:

And here's a view lookin' down the center of the table:

On the buffet I added my fave 'turkey' & the chicken wire cloche plus some berrie/pumpkin vine & a faux candlestick:

On right side of buffet a candle & some potpourri on one of my luncheon plates ...Quail S&P shakers, a flea market find:

On the walnut buffet shelf, I put one of my fave framed works, too...the farmer & the son (or gr'son) w/corn ...this is an estate purchase from 1985 from my DH's grandpa...the framed work was an award for selling seed corn:

And last of all, Dollbaby...left her Halloween clothes on for awhile...there was no way she was changing already!! But swapped out her little 'Cheeks' witch for a 75 ct basket I got a thrift shop the other day & added faux leaves:

Working on the kitchen counters, too...we may get some rain tomorrow ...so may be inside again. TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Comments (6)

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I so love this table runner, wood leaves squirrel and cp.
    The shot with your vine tree in the background and that close up
    with the lights in the background are both amazing pictures.

Your wire cloche with turkey and faux candle is beautiful.
    Right side with candle and quails is lovely too. Always enjoy
    seeing gramps picture he was awarded selling corn.So cool!

Dollbaby is so adorable. That cat on her top makes me laugh!
    Her tray looks wonderful all decorated for fall. We have been
    getting rain almost every day. So much better than snow.ha

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Jeanne, I admire how you decorate for the seasons.
    The table runner is so pretty, and scroll wood leaf is wood leaf is wonderful.
    Gosh your husband is so talented.
    The squirrel looks cute with the lighted twigs in the back round.
    The cloche is a good spot for the turkey he looks contented there
    I love the framed piece. It is so nice that it is a family heirloom.
    Give little Miss Dollbaby a hug for me lol.
    Nana

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks, punk & nana ... it was a cool, dreary day (but with some much needed rainy drizzle) so the pics are a bit dark... yes, better than 'snow,' punk!

Hugs passed on, nana! LOL! Thanks, gals. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

Not much I can add, Jeanne. Your home and decorating is always so warm and inviting. I've loved it, inside and out for many years now....just wish I could see it for real. But thank goodness you share it here with us.

Someone finally told the Phoenix Gods its Nov I think...tomorrow and this past weekend has been pushing 90, but they said its dropping 30 degrees this weekend!! Yay. (I think Kirk is sending some his weather this way, minus the snow of course. Just a nice cold front coming down from WA.) It might actually FEEL like Nov around here.

hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    11 years ago

I LOVE it as always, Jeanne! That squirrel centerpiece is awesome! My mom would love that! And your DH did a terrific job with those wooden leaves!!! Love the turkey display too!

It rained here through most of Sep and Oct, and now it's just cold. Supposed to warm up in about a week... I miss the SUN! :(

• User
    11 years ago

That squirrel is wonderful, and Your autumn table is lovely!

Sponsored
Columbus' Home Design Experts Specializing in Custom Cabinets
More Discussions