Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Perfect Pair of Napkin Rings & 'Just Ducky!'

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 12, 10 at 19:57

Oh boy, DH made a trip today to Menards so I tagged along to get dropped off at TJMaxx .... then we stopped to buy lunch to take home & it would take 25 min. til done...so, guess what, GWill shop a couple doors down! Here's my finds in 25 min...

Brass Duck Bookends ...very heavy duty & a bargain for $5...good for my books & good for t'scaping!

Brass Duck Bookend 11.10

And, then I spotted these cute little "quack-ers!"

Ducks Polish S&P Shakers 11.10

I thought they were quite unique cause the ducks are one piece S&P shakers...on the back side in faint writing are two words: Poland & Anna so I pd $1.75 for them. They'll probably end up on Dollybaby's tray one of these days!

And the last "perfect" find (for me) was a pair of napkin rings made with shells & coral ... the salmon color struck my fancy because of the recent collection I've started of Woodfield Stubenville "Toast & Tea" plate & cups...I stood one up by candle on Fall display on porch:

Shell Napkin Rings 11.10

Can you believe each of those shells & pcs have small hole in them & are "strung" with wire on a metal ring...I thought they were perfect...got the pair for $1.

Ok, I'll share my other finds on a separate post. TFlookin'! Jeanne S.

Oh, I forgot ... a few wks ago I got this pine branch pitcher at the same GW for $3.50...I'll use it for winter & "pines" just call to me! (jeannespines) Markings on the bottom is just a label that says "distributed by Target"..microwave & dishwasher safe.

Pines Branch Pitcher 11.10

from a bonafided member of "Enablers R Us!" Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Perfect Pair of Napkin Rings & 'Just Ducky!'

Nice finds, Jeanne. The bookends are wonderful and look brand new. Thanks for letting us in on the ducks who are stuck, together that is. They would be perfect for Dollbaby's tray.

The shell napkin rings are perfect with your dishes. Hope you can find some more of them during your shopping sprees. Love your new Pine Branch Pitcher. That will go with alot of your decorations. Wouldn't Lynn love that to go on her table with the pinecone dishes?

You are having so much fun out shopping and finding some really great things. I'm so happy for you!

Punk

o

Way to go Gal, tag along and get in some good shopping too. Great buys, and the ducks and napkin rings are unusual and really neat. Bookends always come in handy, and your's sure look to be in great condition. Good find on the pitcher too. Yes, you have sure had some good "treasure shopping" days lately. Good for you! ;o)

Luvs

o

Jeanne, I love your napkin rings and the color is so perfect with your dishes! I'm silently coveting the pitcher and the S/P ducks.

o

What Punk said....works for me too.
Boy, you sure know how to put 25 min. to good use! I can't believe the haul you made.

Congratulations and hugs,
Karen

o

Well Jeanne...I read your other post first...so now my question in that post has been answered!...yes your cute
duckies ARE S&Ps !! lol
I LOVE that green Pine Branch Pitcher >>> and What-A-Great Price...boy you found some nice things..
I'm imagining the person who made those nap rings...It's amazing the detail that goes into some things and you know that person (probably from some island) got paid next to nothing for it...then the Seller makes a huge profit on it. In your case, you were lucky getting them 'second time around' and got a great deal. They're very pretty.

jane

o

Jeanne, Great finds, you really lucked out
the duck salt and pepper shakers are adorable.
NanaKaren

o

Great finds!
We don't have Menards or CTS : (, but it is very convenient that you have a GW so close to your lunch stop.

You did great for 25 min. Imagine what you could have found if you had more time, LOL.

TFS,
Candy

o

All of the ducks are great!!!, but I love the pitcher...
That will be beautiful with Christmas greens and maybe a bow on the handle???
You had a great day/s :^)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here