Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christmascandy

Home for the Holidays, Ladies Luncheon

christmascandy
10 years ago

The Ladies Luncheon was yesterday at my chu*rch.

This years theme was "Wrapped in Love" and the colors were red and gold.
I was again asked to help with the room d�cor. It turned out that the lady I was supposed to work with, now has a part-time job and 2 young daughters. She did show up to help me put up the decorations on Friday, but the rest was all up to me. I am not complaining as I love doing it, but I will say the housework has fallen by the wayside, LOL

The pre-lit trees belong to the chu*rch, I painted the L O V E letters gold and added glitter and made the red bow topper for the large tree. I also wrapped all the packages and made the bows.
I found foam letters on clearance at Mich*aels, but also had to paint them gold and add glitter them too.

The arrangement on the center package is one I use on my entry table for the holidays. I ended up adding many of my own decorations as I had a limited budget!

The Women's Ministry team made all the desserts, except I have a recipe that makes 5 doz. mini cheesecakes, so I made those.

I decorated 2 tables.

The pink & green one was the one at which I had my family.
I made aprons for everyone and used them as the chair covers.

I found 8 different holiday baking fairy ornaments after Christmas last year, so that started the theme, then I found the pink and green cupcake fabric, and the gorgeous pink and green poinsettias 90% off. So, the table has been emerging since Jan.!!

I alternated pink Sango Home for Christmas plates (.85 ea from GdWl) and 4 of the Holly plates from the 45 pc. set I found at GdWl last year.

The little stockings I used as silverware caddys were also clearance (.19 ea, Michaels last Jan.)

The other table was red and gold with the mercury glass Santa as the CP.

I used gold rimmed stoneware alternated with gold painted Deck the Halls plates.

The gold Holly flatware was what I bought last year from E*Bay.

I swagged red tinsel garland and tied gold bows to use with the swags and gold tinsel garland with red glitter packages around the walls of the room, hung over sized ornies on gold ribbon from the trim around the large windows into the kitchen (the "garage doors" for those windows were closed so the kitchen was not visible), and used my large door wreath on an easel by the sign in table.

Some of the d�cor can be seen on some of the photos, but I didn't take a picture of the wreath or the ornies at the windows.

I got all of the dishes home and washed, but I still need to put everything away.

Happy almost Thanksgiving,
Candy

Comments (15)

• jeannespines
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

candy ... I am just in 'awe' ... I will be back to add some comments! so wonderful when the t'scapes are being used by so many friends @your church! Jeanne s.

• party_music50
    10 years ago

Candy, I'm not sure how you got away with doing pink & green with your red & gold theme, but I absolutely LOVE it!!! It makes me want to have a reason to decorate a whole bunch of different tables... but it does sound like a heck of a lot of work. Really cute idea on using the aprons as a seat cover! Did you use a free on-line pattern, by any chance? I've been thinking about getting some special fabric to make an apron for my sister and have been searching for a pattern.

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

candy ... I also love those aprons for chair covers ..... sweeet & gifts for your family! The cupcake pattern is so cute & it was meant to be when you found those colors in the poinsetta! + the pink Sango Home plates are adorable!

What a great idea painting & glittering up 'foam' letters for your theme/trees! Looks lovely!

Of course, the red & gold table w/the mercury glass fits the Christmas spirit...wow...is that ever beautiful & playful w/Santa for the centerpc! Love the gold rimmed stonewear for the underplate. & the napkin folds & linens are beautiful!

Looks like you've been very busy taking this on ~~ I am sure you are very much appreciated for your creative gift of holiday decorating! TFS! Jeanne s.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Jeanne, Thank you so much. I actually made 10 aprons as I made a matching one for the 2 yr. old DGD, who did not attend, and one for the 7 yr. old DGD's American Girl doll.

Since that table was almost all family, they were a labor of love!

The red & gold table was friends from church and their daughters.

PM50, Only the room décor was slated for red & gold. The tables can be anything! Last year, one table was an Easter theme! Most of them are fall or Christmas, but the color schemes of the tables are all different.

I just used another apron to go by, cut 24" X 34" rectangles, and then cut a curve for the top of the apron. Then, hem the sides, sew a ruffle to the bottom, a thin piece of ribbon across the top, and the ties. I sewed mine, but you could use ribbon instead. They are really simple. I did use some of the double sided fusible interfacing to add a pink frosted/green wrapper cupcake to the top, added lines with glitter paint and sewed on a red button for the cherry on top.

Thanks again,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    10 years ago

Candy, I'm so glad this is all over for you but I must say you do BEAUTIFUL work so I know why your in CHARGE!!! Love both of your tables and all the decor. Job well done for another year.

The aprons are so cute as chair covers. All the LOVE you put into the decor and tables must be so appreciated by all who attend. Love, love the way your cp's turned out. New holly flatware is awesome with your gold and red table. Cute stockings to hold flatware on your other table too. Oh I could go on and on but I think you know you've impressed me AGAIN!!!

Do you ever take pictures of the other tables? They look pretty neat too. You realy need to sit down wth a glass of wine and relax now and so do I after all this.haha

Punk

• nana2010_gw
    10 years ago

Gosh Candy, Both tables are award winning. Your pink and green Poinsettia center piece is stunning and using the aprons for chair covers was genius.
    Your 'new' Mercury glass Santa is perfect for your red and gold table. He really was a lucky find.
    I like that you alternated the red and gold napkins too.
    Your painted letters on the tree are lovely. There is so much to see and enjoy, I'm sure I missed something. I 'll be back to look again to see what I missed.
    TFS
    Nana

• christine1950
    10 years ago

WOW, you did such a beautiful job, the tables are incredible, move over martha stewart!!!!!
    Christine

• pdg777
    10 years ago

That was EXCELLENTLY done!

• lovemydishes
    10 years ago

Beautiful tables & decor!!! I spotted someting you didn't mention. Are those pillow cases on the chairs at the red & gold table?? If so "How smart is that", you use what you have at your fingertips!!! Lots of work can easily be seen, I am sure everyone loved it. I seldom post, but I am aregular reader of this form. Dishes, linens & pretty centerpieces are my passon.

• christmascandy
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Punk, I do have pictures of the other tables. Will post later.

Nana, The big letters on the center tree were unfinished at Hob. Lob. The smaller ones on the red packages were the foam ones from Michaels and they are almost exactly the same font!

LMD, the red Santa hat chair covers were from Doll. Tr. a few yrs. ago. I just added some silk holly leaves to the hat band. However, I have seen some very cute snowmen chair covers made from white pillow cases.

Thanks ladies, I really enjoy doing it, but now I have a house to clean, LOL

Candy

• phoggie
    10 years ago

Candy....these are beautiful!!!! You did so much work on these decorations! WOW...you are welcome to come decorate my house for the Christmas Home Tour :-)

• Purplemoon
    10 years ago

As usual, your talent and creativity...not to mention your energy....blow me away. You're amazing!

Immediately I LOVED the LOVE letters on the tree. Just looks so neat with them! I'm going to take the easy way and "ditto" what the others said about every single thing you did. :o)

I am normally not a fan of pink and green, but I'd grab that floral in a heartbeat. Its gorgeous!!

Sure would like to have you here to decorate my house for Christmas too. Are you ready to give up your day job and become a professional decorator yet?

hugs, Karen

• motherof3sons
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• minnie_tx
    10 years ago

Just wonderful.. brings back memories of when I was active and doing things like this. an overall delight

• jeannespines
    10 years ago

Wow, 10 aprons! So cool, candy! You are just so very creative & this is such a wonderful celebration to look forward to, I bet! Very beautiful! ~~Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions