Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

2 new Fall decorations

Purplemoon
13 years ago

Just as its about time to pack my stuff away, wouldn't you know I'm shopping for more! Last year I saw a pheasant teapot on a hutch (by the everydaydecorator, and in our Fall inspiration album). I was lusting after that bird.

LOL. But the ones I found online have been a bit more than I wanted to pay. Around $32 plus shipping. QVC has them, and another site that carries the J.Willfred line.

So I was checking eBay and one was on. NOBODY bid except me. I got it for $10, and shipping was that much. But that still made it much cheaper than the other places.

Then I saw a delightful Homeco Denim Days figurine of a little boy praying for his turkey friend. I fell in love with how sweet this is. And the boy is actually the perfect size to go with my Pilgrim couple!

I got the boy today and hopefully the pheasant will arrive for me to enjoy it a few days before season is over.

{{gwi:1453276}}

{{gwi:1453277}}

hugs, Karen

Comments (9)

• minnie_tx
    13 years ago

lovely pieces so glad for you!!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

That little boy and his turkey figurine is sure cute! The pheasant teapot is sure pretty colors and very unique. So glad you got it for a bargain price. ;o)

I ran by Big Lots tonight and they had all the Fall/Halloween leftovers 90% off. I got some big and small candle rings for 20/40 cents! I'll post some pics on another post.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I forgot to show these!
    I saw this vintage Pheasant S&P set on Etsy and thought they would look cute in a Fall scene under a cloche next season.

{{gwi:1453278}}

A very long time ago, I found this plate in an antique shop. Its Bradford's 1994 cat plate called "Nosy Neighbors". This was way before I got into collecting cardinals for Christmas. I just loved this plate.
    Then last year I saw others from that series on eBay, and I really wanted the one particular one from 1995 with cardinals and cats. But it was hard to find, and always too pricey for me. Till this week. I lucked out again, being the only bidder and got it reasonably. Yay! I have quite a few cardinal plates now to display. And am getting anxious to unpack stuff. LOL.
    {{gwi:1453279}}

{{gwi:1453280}}

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Karen...I'm TOTALLY Green with envy over your Pheasants!
    I was looking too for that pheasant...and yes, ever since seeing the everydaydecorator!!
    I guess it was meant for you to find him on ebay..I did see the one from J.Willfred line...but didn't want to pay the price. The other two from etsy are really nice too..You've got the luck for being at the right place ..right time.

I love winter cardinals, and your plates are lovely.

jane

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

I'd say it was your lucky night on e-bay! That pheasant teapot is delightful & a good $$! Love the S&P shakers, too...your cardinal plates are stunning ... & kitty so cute (knowing your love for cats)...perfect! Won't be long & those will be out for the winter. The turkey & praying boy is sweet. Wow, you did good, girl! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Karen, those plates are just so perfect for you--cats and cardinals! And you can keep those out all winter, not just for Christmas! Good shopping, Gal. ;o) Luvs

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

Okay, Karen...here's the deal. I want to be your adopted sister or something so you can share all of your stuff with me! Love the little boy figurine and the teapot and the salt and pepper shakers...you have such lovely decoratives! Just beautiful!

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Awwwww, I am so glad the little boy and his turkey found you to live with!!
    Of course I love the cardinals too.
    You had a great shopping spree and thank you so much for showing us.
    J

• Oakley
    13 years ago

Those are so pretty you could leave them out all year round! Good score!

Sponsored
More Discussions