Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cinnamon Pinecones?

Posted by posieh (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 27, 10 at 19:29

I have a supply of all kinds of Pine Cones and would like to make Cinnamon ones. They smell so great in the stores. Does anyone know how? Would appreciate your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cinnamon Pinecones?

Posieh, you are so fortunate to have lots of pinecones, they look so good as part of Christmas decor for sure.

I don't really know how to make them, usually get mine in a bag already smelling yummy! I'm going to do a couple of internet searchs and see if I can find a good "recipe" for you.

Luvs

o
RE: Cinnamon Pinecones response

Back again. There's three methods listed on this site if you want to take a look.

Maybe someone on here has made some and will be able to tell you their method.

Enjoy,

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipes for cinnamon pinecones

o

Easiest of all is to buy some pure cinnamon essential oil and drip a drop or two on each pinecone. Go easy at first, you can always add more but it can be intense. There's also fragrance oil but it can be toxic stuff or mixed with a carrier oil which might be messy. Cinnamon essential oil is not very expensive and goes a long way.

This is a reputable site but if a local store sells it you won't have to pay shipping.

Here is a link that might be useful: cinnamon essential oil

o

I put cinnamon essential oil in a big plastic bag, add about a cup of powdered cinnamon (the cheapest on the market :^). I then toss in the pinecones and shake, rattle and roll. If I have too many cones for one bag, I shake it extra well so that more "stuff" falls off and then I add the next batch of cones. It works well for me! HTH

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here