Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenangelcat_gw

Delurking to post pics.

jenangelcat
13 years ago

Last year I made myself wait to decorate but this year with our new house I couldn't wait. I went much simpler this year.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Blog

Comments (11)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Crisp & clean...that's what came into my mind when I saw your pics...love the natural items & also how you used "white" ...very pretty...& threw in a little color with "red." Congrats on your new home & a couple rooms done! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

I'm so glad that you've come out of lurkdom to join us, Jenangelcat! The simple beauty of your decorations is refreshing and very pretty. Your DDs must be getting excited already. They're absolutely darling, BTW. It's funny, but as much as I love (love, love) interior design and all things that have to do with it, I never seem to get too interested in everyone's' decorating blogs . . . but I truly love yours. Perhaps because it's NOT about decorating ;^D
    I admire your life choice to move to your farm and really enjoyed your wonderful posts. I hope that you'll allow me to continue to follow your blog. I'm already anxious to hear more about those chickens and goats. Many thanks and please come back and post often.
    Lynn

• jenangelcat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Lynn! It's nice to get feedback on the blog. It inspires me to get off my butt (or maybe on it) and write more posts!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Hi jenangelcat and welcome.
    I agree with Jeanne and Lynne.
    I think everything looks just lovely and is tastefully done.
    There are times I like 'frou frou'...but most times I prefer the look of 'less is more'.
    All your decorating choices fit so well with the natural beauty of your surroundings and I really enjoyed seeing what you've done.
    Keep those posts coming I enjoyed reading all about your 'Farm Life' ! lol

jane

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Welcome, and congrats on the new house, I wouldn't wait either. Your decorating is lovely. The white vase with the white arrangement is very striking. Looks like it's straight from Martha S. Living. Your photography skills are super too.
    Frou

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Hi and welcome out of lurkdom - first off I love your blog and have added it to my list of ones I want to visit from time to time. I always dreamed of living on a small farm and 'live off the land' but instead raised my kids on the perverbial 1/4 acre suburban lot dreaming of 'someday'

I love the simplicity of your decorating - I am an over the top holiday decorator but do find a sense of tranquility in your style - TFS .....

Lynne

• shpnquen
    13 years ago

This all looks like something you'd find in the Real Simple magazine! Very pretty!

• jenangelcat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks! I can't wait to get the tree. We've decided to go real this year so it'll be another week or two before we go cut one down.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Blog???? did she mention Blog???? I LOVE blogs!! What is the name of yours???
    Your decorations are wonderful and we have several pieces of the same milk glass....we must be related :^)
    Thanks for delurking, for showing us beautiful pictures, and joining our great group!
    J

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Jaybird - it is right under her last picture in the first post .....

Lynne

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Welcome, so glad you've come here and joined us. Enjoyed your pictures and hope you will share some of your tree when it's up and decorated. Not to many use real trees any more.

What I really loved is that PIG! Looks like he's one of the family, with those fun shots. I also enjoyed seeing your garden, seed saving and canning jars filled.

Punk