Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sangaree

OT...very sad news

Purplemoon
11 years ago

Our dear Luvs lost her husband yesterday, just a few days after his 66th birthday. He was diagnosed with dementia a little over a year ago. They have been together since they were teenagers, and would have celebrated their 47th anniversary next month.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I don't think my dear friend would mind me letting you know, and I am hoping some extra prayers and love will help her get thru this sad time.

hugs, Karen

Comments (34)

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Karen,
    Do you know any of the particulars concerning the service?
    Please let me know. I only have Luvs cel and I don't want to bother her.
    Denise

• nana2010_gw
    11 years ago

Oh Karen,
    Such heartbreaking news.
    She is in my thoughts and prayers.
    I don't know what else to say right now.
    I hope she can feel my arms wrapped around her.
    Nana

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Karen, thank you so much for sharing
    this sad news with us. Will keep Luvs
    in my thoughts and prayers and send
    her a note.

Punk

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

OA, I haven't yet heard any thing regarding services. She let me know he passed yesterday is all I know right now. I will let you know when I hear more.

Punk, Nana, thank you. Luvs means a lot to all of us here.
    She is truly one of the sweetest, kindest, most special friend a person could have.
    hugs, Karen

• party_music50
    11 years ago

oh no, so sad -- so young. My sympathies to Luvs.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I am thankful that their son, his wife and little girl, live near by. Also Luvs has two sweet Golden Retrievers to hug on, and not be so alone in the house. But even so, the rest of this year will so difficult with the holidays.

• milosmom_gw
    11 years ago

:( Such horrible news.
    Much love and many prayers going her way. ((( Luvs)))

• ncnana
    11 years ago

I used to post, but now only lurk. I had to log in to say how sorry I am to hear this. I will certainly put Luvs in my prayers.

• maximavswife
    11 years ago

Oh what sad news. Luvs and her family are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
    Kath

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Ohhh, Karen, thank you for sharing this very sad news ...I am so sorry to hear this...luvs is just the sweetest gal & taking such good care of her hubby. This is terrible ... so recently retired. Thank you, Karen. Jeanne S.

• Purplemoon
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kay-Luvs- said to thank all of you for the prayers and kind words. She doesn't know when she'll be able to post and tell you herself.

This is so heart-breaking...
    hugs, Karen

• yachter123
    11 years ago

My deepest sympathy to Luvs, last time I had a few mins to log in here, I was going to ask how her hubby was doing, but didn't see any posts from her at that time.

So very sorry for her loss.

Prayers for Luvs.

• Oakley
    11 years ago

Please give Luvs my condolences. How terribly sad.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Karen...thank you for letting us know about Luv's husband.
    I am so saddend to hear this.
    Luvs is such a sweet caring person to all and my heart
    breaks for her.
    My deepest sympathy to her and her family.
    I will keep them all in my thoughts and prayers.
    jane

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Please tell Luvs how very sorry I am as well Karen. I have her email, so I will send her something myself as well. Very sad...it's been such a long, hard battle for her and her family. So sad, especially this time of year.

Our love and prayers go out to her~

• donnas_gw
    11 years ago

I haven't been on here for awhile and I just saw this. My thoughts and prayers are with Luvs and her family.

• kathleen_li
    11 years ago

I got an email from her with the sad news. She is such a great gal, I hope she will find peace.
    May he rest in peace.

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Thank you for sharing this sad news, Karen. My thoughts and prayers are with Luvs.

• neesie
    11 years ago

My deepest sympathies to Luvs. What a wonderful thing to have spent 47 years together.

• pdg777
    11 years ago

Oh, Karen I have not posted in ages, just thought I would join in for the Christmas festivities. I am so sorry to hear this. Luvs if you read these please know I'm praying for you and your family. I just pray that God will comfort you during this difficult time. God bless.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

So sorry to hear this. I have been so busy with the church ladies luncheon and getting ready for Thanksgiving, I haven't been on here.

My deepest sympathies to Luvs and her family.
    T & P's for them all as they deal with this sad loss. It always seems so much worse to lose a loved one around the holidays. My heart goes out to them all.

Karen, thank you for letting us know.
    Candy

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Ladies, I just had to sign on here today to let each of you know how special you are to me and how much your sweet words, thoughts and prayers mean to me. You are one of the things I am so very thankful for, each of you so caring.

Wonderful to see some old familar names pop up on this post. How sweet that several of you signed on to let me know you care.

I feel as if someone cut a large hole in my very soul, but at the same time I am so greatful that our Lord called him home before I had to watch him decline any further.

Denise, we chose a whole body donation and his ashes won't be returned to us for a few weeks. Praying that the research will help find cures for diseases like dementia and diabetes and the heart and also help others have a better life. We have chosen to do a Celebration of Life here at his home on Dec. 1st from 12 to 4. You are more than welcome to come by.

My son, dil, and dgd are close by and in touch with me daily. And my sweet friends who have visited me regularly while I took care of him are all still there for me. Lots of cards, calls, and emails from family in the midwest and N.C. Looking forward to hearing the stories his railroad and golfing buddies will have to share with us.

Karen, thank you again for starting this post for me, I tried, but just couldn't at that time.

Hug your loved ones this Thanksgiving and let them know how blessed you are to have them in your life. I know my Rich is healthy and whole again, with our Saviour and reuniting with all the loved ones and friends who passed before.

Blessings,

Kay aka Luvs

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Thank you, luvs...for sharing your hubby with us. Hugs to you & your family as you share Thanksgvg together. Our children & gr'children are certainly blessings ...& so glad they are with you tomorrow. Hugs, Jeanne S.

• marylmi
    11 years ago

So very sorry to hear this luvs. I have been thinking about you. Hugs to you.

Mary

• janet1_2007
    11 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Kay. Sorry to have to end our conversation so aburptly; I was afraid there was something wrong, by my neighbor calling so late, but it was just wanting to know if I had a Teaspoon of lemon juice his wife could borrow for her Pumpkin Roll. I promise to call again soon. Enjoy your son and his family tomorrow, and know that Rich is smiling down on you all. Love, Janet

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Kay I'm so happy that you posted here.
    I just wanted to say that even though we've never met
    IRL..I consider you a dear friend through our 'Holiday Family'.
    Like all of us here who know you, I was so saddened to hear
    of your loss. I'm glad that you are finding comfort
    in knowing your husband is at Peace with our Saviour.
    Also that you will be 'Celebrating' and sharing the life
    of this dear man with friends and family.
    Comfort, Prayers and Blessing to you All..
    jane

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

Just caught this thread.
    I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure he took all that wonderful love of yours with him and it is helping him thru this transition.HUGS

• GulfportGail
    11 years ago

Luvs,
    Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Gail

• lynnencfan
    11 years ago

Oh ((Luvs)) please accept my heartfelt condolences. I know the hole in your heart is huge having also lost a best friend, husband and soulmate some years back. Eventually we accept the 'new' normal and the good memories replace some of the emptiness but they will forever live in our hearts and through our children. My thoughts will be with you as you Celebrate his Life ......

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    11 years ago

Lynne, so good to hear from you. I can tell you've shared loss as well.

Jane, Minnie and Gail, thanks for your kind words of comfort. Jeanne, Janet and Mary, so glad that I have your friendship and prayers too.

Unbelievable that it's been over a week already! I think I went through a few days in a fog or something. Still hurts, but know time, good memories, and prayer will ease the pain.

Please excuse me from posting much, I'll do the best I can but may look but not post for a bit.

Hugs, Luvs aka Kay

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

luvs ... bless you ...am just so happy to hear from you & will keep you & yours in good thought & prayer ~~hugs, Jeanne S.

• blizlady
    11 years ago

I'm so sorry for your loss Luvs. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

Luvs,

I'm just a lurker on this particular forum but I wanted to express that I'm sorry for your loss. I also wanted to let you know my MIL & FIL had donated their bodies to science as well. My one brother in law attended the ceremony that was held by the medical students to thank the families of the donors. He said it was particularly moving because the students told the families that they thought of the the donors as their teachers because they learned so much from them. And in our situation, my MIL was a teacher herself when she was younger, so this made us all so very happy knowing she would have loved to hear that.

Wishing you strength during this time.

~Bee

• franksmom_2010
    11 years ago

Oh Luvs, I'm so, so sorry!

Please know that I think you're a dear lady, and I'll be thinking of you.