Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladypat1

Autumn Hutch

ladypat1
13 years ago

I am sooo behind you all! I am just now getting fall and Thanksgiving out.

Comments (19)

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Pat, you have some beautiful fall decorations. Wonderful dish display and your pumpkin platter and pumpkin is great. Your turkey looks grand standing beside them.

So glad you shared pictures with all of us.

Punk

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

Pat,

Your turkey is wonderful! And I like the green transferware in the hutch, and the pumpkin ceramics. I'm a big fan of orange and it looks great put together with the green the way you did. And the white just makes it pop!

- Magpie

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Your hutch is decorated beautifully. I really like all the green you used! For that matter, I really like the hutch itself. I have turkey envy, LOL. Tho that big pumpkin platter is great too!!

hugs, Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Pat. What a lovely display, The orange pieces set off the green transferware beautifully. That is one proud looking turkey. I love the plates you have hanging on the wall too.
    NanaKaren

• prosperity66
    13 years ago

I really need to change my dining room furniture and get a hutch just like yours so that I can display my things, and more now that I live in the countryside where such a hutch would match the outdoor decor as well as the house design.

It's really nice. I love the way you displayed all those Fall items. And also the way you displayed those plates on your wall. Great!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Your hutch is wonderful, you did a great job. I love all the green, I think I'm doing my TG table in green this year. The white plates on the yellow wall is amazing. Also, I like how your hutch is wood on the inside and white on the outside.
    Frou

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Your hutch is beautiful ...looks so crisp & clean. Love the green transferware & all the dishes you have displayed...& that's a handsome gobbler, too! The top of the hutch display appeals to me alot with the greenery & leaves mingled among the pretty pottery pcs.. TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

First off - love the hutch. I have a low dresser in one corner of my dining area and my hubby is going to build a hutch for the top - I showed him yours to give him an idea of what I liked.

Now the decorating - what a beautiful job love all your pieces and like the others I like the green played up so much with the pumpkins and leaves - very nice. What is even neater is that it will be a very easy transition into Christmas - TFS .....

Lynne

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Thank you so much for posting your beautiful hutch!! The textured pumpkin and pumpkin plate, are splendid!! However, I am in love with the group of white plates...they are gorgeous!
    It's good to see you here.
    J

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Wow! I totally agree with all the other's here have said. Love how you decorated the top of your cabinet, and your items displayed inside. I have turkey envy too--that's a really neat looking one, and he goes so well with your pumpkin and platter.

Can't wait to see more pics from you, so glad you are joining in here with us. ;o)

Luvs

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Very pretty, Pat! I'm right there with you, though, so don't feel bad. I put out my Autumn and Thanksgiving decs yesterday afternoon ;^D
    Lynn

• ladypat1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for the kind comments, but I have to laugh about people liking the actual hutch. It is about 25 years old, bought at Montgomery Wards (remember them?) and I never really liked it once I got it home because the oak was so red. A few years ago, I took the doors off and changed the hardware and painted it. One door I actually had to use a crow bar, cause it wouldn't come off. Poverty IS the mother of invention!!! With all the milk glass I had, I didn't want the inside white. Several guests have asked me when am I going to paint the inside!!!

Grins, Pat

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Pat, nothing wrong with a little "reinvention" of a good piece of furniture. I actually like it just the way you have it and it really makes a nice background for your dishes. Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Pat, I'd say you improved on that hutch 100%. Its just perfect I think.

hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

ladypat - isn't it amazing how an old piece of furniture can take on a whole new life with a paint job and new hardware. You did a beautiful job. I really love to take something old like that and refurbish it. Good Job!!!!! .....

Lynne

• jaybird
    13 years ago

Whatever you did it is beautiful now!
    You are a SmartLadyPat!!

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

I think your hutch looks lovely Pat and your
    decorations are beautiful!
    Better late than never.

jane

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

I think that hutch is very sharp. And you've done a great job arranging your fall elements.

I have to say that I like the textured look of the pumpkin and plate (center, lower shelf) next to the turkey.

So, you have a milk glass collection? Pat, you MUST share!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Very pretty, Pat!

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions