Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bonnieann925

Grateful: A Thanksgiving Table (pic)

bonnieann925
13 years ago

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving, a time for gathering with friends and family and giving thanks.

There will be 7 of us this year: our family, plus two boyfriends. My dad, who lives in assisted living, won't be joining us, nor will my MIL, who finds the drive to be too much now.While we are very sad to not have our parents here we understand their circumstances, and feel blessed to still have them in our lives. Our gathering will be our family of five, and two boyfriends. We are so blessed to be together. Our youngest arrives home tonight from college and we can't wait to see her!

We're having: an 18 lb. turkey and an 8 lb. turkey breast, apple stuffing, cranberry sauce, butternut squash (DD2 will bring), orange-glazed sweet potatoes (in the oven now!), Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, peas and onions, squash soup w/ creme fraiche (Dh is making now), dinner rolls, pecan rolls, pumpkin pie (DD1 is making) and apple pie (DD2 is making). Pies will be topped with fresh whipped cream and/or vanilla bean ice cream. Are you hungry?

Here's our table...the dinnerware is my late mom's Evesham and is very special to me (she loved the holidays...oh, how I miss her....):

Comments (7)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Oh Bonnie, your table looks so pretty! Your Mom's dinnerware is beautiful! The crystal looks looks so pretty on that t'cloth. Lucky you to get your family home & a couple extras! Happy Tksgvg & enjoy your time tog! Menu sounds delicious! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

How wonderful that you have your Mom's dinnerware to use! I'm sure special memories come flooding back each time you pull it out to use. Your menu sounds yummy and how wonderful that your DH helps with some of the cooking. Mine says he helps by staying out of my way! LOL

Bet you will have some fun and lively conversations with the two boyfriends joining you.

Here's wishing you full tummies and smiling faces. Happy Thanksgiving.

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

Bonnieann, I not only enjoyed your photos, I enjoyed your post as well. Except you made me hungry and its going on midnight here. LOL.
    Your Mom's dishes are lovely, and its wonderful that you use them on such a special day.
    Seven sounds like a nice number to me, and boyfriends this year will add some fun too. I'm sorry your Dad and MIL can't be there, but you're right to feel blessed they are still with you.
    Like you, I miss my Mom terribly during the holidays. She loved them. This will be my 10th yr without her, which is hard to believe. Even tho I'm 63, I guess I'll never stop missing my Mom.

hugs and Happy Thanksgiving,
    Karen

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Bonnieann, Your table is lovely. Your mom's china looks beautiful on the gold tablecloth. I hope you had a wonderful day. I still miss my Mom too, especially at the holidays.
    NanaKaren

• Boopadaboo
    13 years ago

Hugs to all those who have lost their mom's. I lost mine almost 15 years ago, and I agree with purplemoon, even though I am almost 41, I will never stop missing her.

Lovely table bonnieann. Looks just like home to me since my dad has had that set for ages. We use it at every holiday and it is beautiful. I have my mom's china too. One of these days I will use it. I don't remember her using it much.

• bonnieann925
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all for your kind words and sweet sentiments. I just returned from visiting Dad, where I recapped the entire day for him and left him with 2 slices of pie made by his granddaughters. We had a few laughs about my putting the Evesham dinnerware in the DW vs. handwashing. He's in total agreement that it's to be used, enjoyed and put in the DW!

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

What a beautiful table, and you make the food sound so good. Such a classic set of dishes, they will never go out of style, and you have daughters to pass Grandmother's dishes to. Very welcoming table.
    pat

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022
More Discussions