Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oldalgebra

I Went And Started a BLOG!

oldalgebra
13 years ago

Yep. I did it. I started a blog. Don't know how long I'll keep it up, but here's the link to my latest entry.

Leave a comment if you're so inclined.

Here is a link that might be useful: So Many Tables

Comments (31)

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

This is wonderful, OA! I saw your blog today when you posted a comment on a thread on another thread. It was so fun looking at your beautiful Tksgvg t'scape & your outdoor one! Now I see you've lit up your blog with Christmas lights! I am lovin' your little elf & enjoy & smile as I read your dialog! (especially the buttonhole on G'ma's t'cloth!)

I've never seen this elf before so can't help you with ID/history info...but he is a CUTIE! Your t'scape is so very festive with all the lights! The napkins are perfect & the goblets, too! & dinnerware! So colorful...cheerful...friendly! Love it!

Your Tksgvg table is so natural looking...I LOVE your turkey centerpc!...& the nuts, of course...it's nice to get a little nutty over a holiday! TFS your blog! & the great pics! Jeanne S.
    I got my Fall stuff put away today & started on Winter decor...but you've accomplished a ton!

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Good for you. You will love doing it. I looked at your tables and loved your work. Those TG tables were so rich looking and that Dragon one was a hoot! I will leave you a message. I have a blog too, but I have not figured out how to hook up to the different parties. I will get in touch with you for some non Algebra tutoring,ok?

Pat

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pat,
    Yes. You can email me and we'll help each other struggle through various problems.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Yeah! OA, you've "outed" yourself! LOL I think you are really going to enjoy doing your blog--and the shopping that will go along with it so you will be able to create more tablescapes! Love your Christmas light table and the story about the "elves" who decorated it! Those plates are so cute. I have a neat tree like that--never even crossed my mind to use it on a tablescape! I get so many ideas from this forum. ;o) Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Luvs

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Congratulations OA, You are so talented. Now I just have to learn how to get on these blogs.
    NanaKaren

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

Very, very nice blog, I'm surprised you haven't already started one. It's the perfect place to display all your wonderful tables, decorations and ideas. Your a natural born blogger.
    Frou

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Congratulations...
    I'm not surprised that you started one..
    With all your wonderful tables and ideas, you can now share them through your blog.
    Good luck..and enjoy the fun along the way.

jane

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

Yeah!!!! You ARE a natural born blogger and I LOVE your new blog! I checked it out as soon as I logged on here this morning,and have just joined. I laughed my way through your how-to on building a new leaf for a table. What a great idea and what a great way to start my morning!
    Lynn

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

OA, your BLOG is wonderful and I'm not surprised coming from you. You have so much talent and so many great ideas that all will enjoy seeing it. Congrats and don't forget to post links for us to enjoy. Loved seeing your wonderful tables and instructions on a new table leaf.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, everyone, for the encouraging words. It's nice to know that you actually READ the blog. One often wonders if anyone really cares enough to take the time to read it. I think I actually like the writing as much as the design.

Kathleen has offered to introduce me to her Followers (Lynn, thanks for signing up.) when she has her Winter White Party. That should give me some added exposure.

If you have any suggestions (ANY AT ALL) on blog content or design, please let me know. You are my BIFs (best internet friends) and I respect your opinions. (I am working on improving the header. It's awful, I know.)

Again, thanks for taking the time to look.

• jaybird
    13 years ago

I can't sign up as a follower, but I will be reading everyday and leaving you a comment occasionally so that you will notice my birdie footprints :^)
    It's GREAT!!!!
    J

• lynnencfan
    13 years ago

Very nice blog OA and I will be sure and visit often. My husband and I started one 5 years ago when we got married but it went into hiatus sortof when Mom started needed more intensive care 2 years ago. We have now picked it back up again and it will be more of a mix of gardening and decorating. I must confess he is better at the writing than I am.

I need to play around with all the graphics and see if we can pretty up ours - right now it is very generic .....

Lynne

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I have you bookmarked, will be checking up on you so behave yourself. LOL. No wait...its more fun if you don't.
    I am really glad you decided to share your wonderful tables, unique ideas, and sense of humor with the folks in Blog Land. I have several special ones that I read regularly, tho I must confess I don't post on them or sign up as a follower. (I'm not sure why, but I don't mean to be rude by not doing so).

I look forward to visiting your blog.
    hugs, Karen

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen,
    To tell you the truth, I don't even know what it means to sign up as a Follower. Really. I have no idea. I am learning all about Blog etiquette and the proper dos and don'ts. It is a whole culture in itself. Apparently, you need followers to be "popular" in Blogland. Now, I am the last person to spend time worrying about being popular (I was a nerd in high school walking around with my giant slide rule and thick glasses), but I must admit, I want to be read. After all, what's the point of posting if know one knows you're there???
    Anyway, don't think for one minute I'm worried about you not signing up. I never signed up until now either.

Oh, one more thing. Don't worry. I do not intend to behave myself.

• valleymagpie
    13 years ago

OA,

What a wonderful start to your blog! I have flirted around with the idea of starting a blog but I am SO computer illiterate. I have been looking at a lot of blogs for ideas, and even though yours is brand-new it looks a whole lot better than most. And of course it reads better too.

I loved the table leaf. My DH is turning into a woodworker and he is one of Rockler's best customers. So I had to laugh at your Rockler reference.

Good work. Keep it up when you can! I'll be reading...

- Magpie

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

Denise and Pat happy to offer any help I can, just ask.
    Denise, I thought the same thing, and now 316 posts later, I am still there!
    Pat give us the link to your blog. I have already added Denise's to my sidebar.
    The most important thing to remember is to visit as many as you can. If you don't visit them, they won't be back to yours for long!
    Pat, if you are into tablescapes, please join in the party at my blog , a tablescape done in white and silver or gold.

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

kathleen...I'm not interested in starting a blog...but is just a "visit" enough or do I need to comment on the blog itself? I love visiting yours when you post on GWeb. But if it keeps them going, I would surely post on blog itself. Newbie to the blog world, too!

OA...keep up the good work! Sounds like a new challenge & I am also a fan of your posts! Jeanne S.
    (ps getting a chance here to ck forum while Dora the Explorer is singing!)

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Kathleen, if I don't have a blog--is there a way that I can post a comment on a blog without having to be "anonymous"? I always sign my name, but from some of the blogs I've read it seems like the bloggers don't like "anonymous".

I am so thankful for all the wonderful blogs. So fun to see all the great pics and love all the projects and ideas many of them share. I have so many bookmarked and have saved so many idea pics that I think they might be slowing down my computer speed! LOL

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lus,
    I don't know about Kathleen, but I would like it if you would leave a comment for at least a few times these next couple of weeks. I think it might fool people into thinking other people like the blog, so maybe they ought to like it too.

I don't know anyone in real life who writes a blog, so I can't ask about the anonymous thing. I've tried to figure out what the problem might be with that, but can't. It doesn't bother me at all.

Thanks.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Denise, it looks to me like you are getting quite a few comments already! Everyone loved your elf/lightbulb tablescape. ;o) I just recently picked up a cute little red wooden train (I know I need to take a pic) with a little elf similar to your's. I think mine is smaller and his hands are made of felt. I think allot of these came out in the 50's/60's. I'll post my little train on another post because I'm hoping for some suggestions on how to spruce it up and display it. It was only $1.99 and since DH is retired engineer, I had to bring it home with me! LOL

When I do post on your blog--I will be sure to add my name so you know it was me, okay?

Luvs

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Luvs,
    The train elf sounds perfect. Someone gave me a professor Santa (quite fancy, really). I put him on hubby's desk for Christmas (He teaches history at the local community college).

Email me if you want to meet next week to learn the flash drive thingie.

• ladypat1
    13 years ago

Kathleen li--

Thank you for the offer of help. I will indeed take you up on it. I have not done many tablescapes on my blog yet, because I could not figure out how to link up to the parties. But with your help, I will. I will contact you at your blog. I already am working on ideas for the white tablescape. I'm excited. In the meantime, here is my blog address for anyone interested.
    http://thebestmoments-pat.blogspot.com/

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

OA , What is the name of your blog ??
    I found Pat's and Kathleen's
    I'd hate to miss any of your entries.
    Will you be posting on certain days?
    NanaKaren

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

NanaKaren, thanks for your interest. My blog is called So Many Tables. I'll probably be posting about once a week, but I'm not sure. I've found that it is a little more work than I anticipated, so don't know for sure.
    Again, thanks for asking. Below is a link.

Here is a link that might be useful: General link to So Many Tables

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

Thanks OA, Your bar is really cute and cheerful. Husbands can have very definite ideas about things can't they? I googled So Many Tables earlier today and got a link to Poker Tables. Leave it to me.
    NanaKaren

• glazinglor
    13 years ago

OA,

I am LOVING your blog! Especially your Hubby's Sports Bar - and the rules are just priceless. I have GOT to get my hubby to check it out.

I will sign up as a follower! Thanks for sharing your tables with us.

glor

• oldalgebra
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Gosh, everyone. I want to thank you for visiting my blog. You are so kind to take the time. (Even a certain Purple Individual managed to leave a comment!)

I have been very sick. I was stupid and didn't get my flu shot - you know, just too busy to schedule it. Well, I'm paying BIG TIME. At first I was afraid I was going to die. Then I got soooooo sick that I was afraid I wouldn't die. I'm on the mend, but I won't let anyone visit me and my husband spends his time in any room that I'm not in. The cough persists. There's apparently nothing they can do for you but let you ride it out.

At any rate, I didn't want you to think I was ignoring you. When I can't sleep at night, I log on to see what's up. Again, thanks for all your wonderful support. You're the best!

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Gosh, OA, I hope you feel better soon. I know that feeling of feeling so bad you just wanna die! Do be careful that it doesn't turn into bronchitus or pneumonia.

I read you message about emailing you to get together so you could try to teach me the computer thing--will wait until you are well of course, maybe after the New Year since things get a little hectic this month okay?

Luvs

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

{{gwi:77274}}

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

OA...I'm sorry to hear about you being so sick.
    Please take your time and try to get as much rest as you can, to regain your strength. Luvs is right, you don't want it turning into bronchitus or pneumonia.
    Hope you're feeling better soon...we miss you.
    jane

• yachter123
    13 years ago

OA, I've had it for a month already, the cough does hang on for a long time, someone told me 3 to 5 weeks.

Most everyone in our house has it at different stages! Not much you can do but ride it out.

Hope your feeling better & no fever.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area
More Discussions