Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help, please

Posted by GulfportGail (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 17:16

I'm thinking I should have used a sheer gold ribbon rather than this heavy gold ribbon.

Your input, please.

TY,
Gail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
closeup

closeup

o
RE: Help, please

Oh, that looks lovely, and I like that ribbon. Only thing I'd do is twist it here and there to give it more gracefulness.

o

It's lovely, but if you have a sheer ribbon I think it would be even lovelier. Will you use similar decorations through out your house? I love gold and silver decorations!!!!

o

Gail, it's beautiful like it is. I love all your additional add ins. Sheer or organza ribbon would give a different look. I do the pinch and pouf with my ribbons. If your not sure what I'm talking about I can help you find a link.

If you come across some try it and see what you like best.

Punk

o

azzalea, peonies, and Punk,

Thanks for all the input.
I'm going to play with it, using your suggestions, and see what happens.

Gail

o

Hmmm. I'm wondering if it's really the ribbon you're not happy with.

Have you tried putting height at either end? Buffet lamps, perhaps?

I know that's pretty common, but there must be a reason it's done so much.

This post was edited by oldalgebra on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 11:20

o

Don't overthink it. It looks lovely. You can always try a different ribbon next year. Generally, I find if I fuss with something like that, I may as well take it apart and start over because your first instincts usually give you the best results.

o

peonies,
Sorry I failed to answer your question.
Yes, I am primarily using gold/burgundy throughout the house...except the kitchen, which is gingerbread.

old,
I haven't thought of that...it could be it.

Fun,
Thank you...too late...lol...I just changed the ribbon.

o
Closeup #2

Closeup #2.

o

Ohh...I like the 'changed' ribbon! Very pretty! & I did not comment earlier because my artistic skills w/ribbon are 'zilch!' LOL! Jeanne S.

o

DITTO on what Jeanne said (she always takes the words right out of my mouth, has for years, LOL). I thought it looked so pretty in the first photo, and then I see the last one...
WOW. I'm ribbon-challenged, so I especially loving what others can do with it.
Your mantel is absolutely lovely!

I love that you're using burgundy in your color scheme! (don't tell the Purple Gods, but that's really my favorite color, LOL)

hugs, Karen

o

jeanne and Karen,

Thank you very much.

o

I love the sheer look - for some reason I just think the lights glisten off it more and it gives a very airy feeling when the lights are not on. I too am 'ribbon challenged' when it comes to weaving the ribbon through. I can make decent bows but not the weaving. Yours looks very nice and natural .....

Lynne

o

Yep. it's better.

o

Lynne and oldalgebra,

Thanks!! Y'all help me feel so much better about it.

GGail

o

Gorgeous!! And I like the sheer ribbon better as well...your mantel is wonderful!

o

It is absolutely lovely. I'm sure the rest of your home is too!

o

I like the new version. I may not post on all of your threads, but I'm enjoying seeing the different parts of your home.

o

marlene, peonies and Fun,

Thank you all very much.
I'm more pleased with the sheer ribbon, also.

o

I like both, but it is nice to see the lights shining through. Gorgeous chandelier, too!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here