Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

Ribbon for trees and snowflake instructions

lynnencfan
15 years ago

lol - first off you know you are into too many Christmas forums when you spend 1/2 the day hunting up a question that was asked of you and you know you didn't answer it :D

First off the amount of Ribbon for a tree - I think it was delphinium33 that asked that question. For both my trees I used two different ribbons - one with a design and one plain and always WIRE EDGED. Depending on the height of the tree I will cut ribbon that is twice the height plus a foot or two extra - be generous. I then attach a wire in the center of the lenghts and attach that to the top of the tree - then I just play around with the puffiness I want. When I want it to tuck back into the tree I will skrunch in at that point and attach wire again and wire it into a branch well into the tree - I just keep repeating the process down the streamer till I get the look I want. Then I will repeat the other side and sometimes add more streamers - it just all depends on the size and fullness of the tree. I do keep walking around the tree and looking at it from all angles just to make sure I like it.

As for the bow - I generally figure on 12" for every loop I want - my bows are very full - 12-16 loops depending on the ribbon texture. It takes a lot of ribbon to make it look luxurious but I usually buy the jumbo spools from Micheals when they have the ones 100ft for 4.99 - last year I bought 6 spools of the basic Christmas colors. I am glad I did - I haven't seen that good a buy this year. After the season is over I will roll the ribbon back onto a spool to keep it neat to use again.

Now as for the crystal snowflakes - several of you asked about them and I will beg off till after Thanksgiving then I will do some more and take pictures. I have to make quite a few more anyway. I will put the intruction back into this thread when I do

Now back to finish the bedroom tree :)......

Lynne

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?
More Discussions