Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dawnp_gw

Nice Thanksgiving Table Idea

dawnp
12 years ago

I had this saved from a couple of years ago. Very nice!

I am going to do my own version of this and will post photos

Comments (13)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

Wow! So elegant looking! TFS~

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Very lovely ...have fun w/your t'scape! That Tom Turkey is the same one I have in a 'cage' on my buffet! Love it! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

That's Tam table...from 'Gypsy's Corner'. She used to
    be on Holdiay when she posted it.. but then started her own blog...I haven't seen her posting in awile.
    When she did her table, I saw I had the 'twin' of her turkey and posted a Thanksgiving table with him. Since
    then, Jeanne found the 'Triplet'!!
    Small world 'of turkeys' !! lol

jane

• dawnp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Slinkey. I am happy that you have given Tam credit!

I could not remember where I got the photo. She is very talented! I went over to her blog but it seems that she is not currently blogging.

I wish I was that creative!

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Yes, I do have the "triplet" turkey!!!! Jane enabled me apparently! Hope you find something similiar for your table, too ...dawn! We could have a "quadruplets!" LOL!
    Sorry the blog is gone. Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Since her little DGS was born..I think she's been caring for him and that's why she doesn't have the extra time for her blog...I hope when he gets older, she will be back.

Ha Jeanne! 'quadruplets'..now that would be something..
    talk about being 'seperated at birth' !! lol

jane

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

Dawn, this is gorgeous table to do and I look forward to seeing your version of it.

Ok, I'm also hunting the brown turkey so someday we might end up like "Octo-Mom" (sp?) here. LOL

I miss Tam, and on her blog too. She always did the most gorgeous tables. Jane I'm glad you have an idea why she isn't blogging at the moment. Quite a few of her tables are in our inspiration albums I think, and I hope we see her again in the future.

hugs, Karen

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Karen...'Octo-Mom'....Hilarious!!
    Keep your eye out on another brown one...ya never know....hehehe

jane

• dawnp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Too funny! That must be an attractive turkey! When I first saw this photo, I hunted for one just like him but no luck. I remember her saying that she found it on clearance at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.

I am actually using her "layout". Turkey, two candlesticks, etc but different colors and materials as I am going to use what I already have.(Now, that's a concept!)I have so much fall stuff - I have to tell myself "no!" while I'm out shopping.

I love my turkey too but he's more colorful that your guy. So, that will change the look of everything.

Pictures coming soon - just have to pick up some candles!

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Dawn..As far as just needing to get the candles - wow!
    We'll be looking forward to seeing your Turkey and
    your table.

jane

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

Love colorful turkeys, too, Dawn! Or snowwhite turkeys! or green turkeys! Sounds like you've got a good plan & you're nearly there!!! Lookin' forward to your pics! (& I did see another brown turkey...even bigger than mine @2 diff stores in the last couple weeks!) Sorry, gals! Keep lookin'! Jeanne S.

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Dawn, I fell in love with this table too. You need to see Jane's remake. Very impressive too. I came across some of Tam's tables BHG had featured while browsing one night and they were all delightful. Tam did another table with a black hat and red ice skates that I loved.

Hope you post pictures of your table soon for us to enjoy. I'll keep searching for a big turkey while out ys or at GW. Walmart has a pretty one this year. It might be a tureen. Didn't look that close but maybe I'll get lucky after TG and find it on clearance.

Jeanne, was the turkeys you seen at retail stores or other?

Punk

• jeannespines
    12 years ago

punk ...to answer your question:

One of the larger brown turkeys was at Ben Franklin in Manchester, IA (about an hr from here) ...but they are like a specialty store ...they decorate & carry a huge inventory in one whole section of the store for holiday stuff! It's one of the shopping trips I take w/some of my retired friends & we just went last week...it was full price (I don't remember the cost)

The other large brown turkey I just saw the other day at a consignment shop that also sells some of their own stuff intermingled in ...it's a specialty store called "Calico Hen House in Waterloo, IA ...that turkey was 50% & I think his original price was about $30.

Well, so much for talkin' turkey, uh! Jeanne S.

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner
More Discussions