Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Graduation ideas

Posted by duckie (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 19, 11 at 16:10

Please help ladies.

My husband (age 50) will graduate college in December! I am so very proud of him. Sadly, his school does not have commencement exercises in December. He can march in May if he wants to. But I'm not sure he will still be in that sort of frame of mind at that point.

I'm looking for some ideas which celebrate the occasion, seem grown up, and yet are cheap. I also need to keep in mind that the celebration will take place only a couple weeks before Christmas.

Ideas anyone?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Graduation ideas

Congrats to your DH, duckie!

I don't know if you live where you have to worry about Winter weather ...but I would plan a family get-tog for this celebration! If you're planning on a bigger crowd w/friends & family, maybe you have a church, library or some room available for a 'grad' party.

It doesn't have to be a big meal ...maybe sandwiches, punch, cake & ice cream...or whatever appeals to you. You could just decorate one big buffet table then. Go with a theme that you know your hubby is all about!

It's close to the holidays so it would be good to keep it simple for you but yet celebrate this big accomplishment! Jeanne S. (ps...I graduated from college at age 46 (so I can share the feeling)! Celebrate!!!

o
RE: Graduation ideas

Welcome, so happy to hear DH will be gradutating in Dec. I think I would try to use pine baughs or greenery with candles. You could go to the dollar store and find mirrors or other things that would be cheap and look nice with them. White Christmas lights always add flair w/o looking so much like Christmas.

Please let us know what your thinking as far as 1 table or several with decorations.

I didn't go back to school until later and I'm so glad I did. It's never to late. I would probably still be going if DH wouldn't of said enough, time to work full time again!LOL

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here