Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hairco_gw

Candland theme

hairco
13 years ago

I am wonting to do my kitchen in a candy land theme for christmas.Do any one have any pictures?Thanks

Comments (11)

• maymo
    13 years ago

I do a candyland powderroom! It all started when I saw gum drop garland. I wrapped it around greenery and drape it over the mirror. I attached all the candy, lollipop, gingerbread, candy cane ornaments I had to the greenery. Then, I hang a small wreath over the window. It's ribbon/bow is red and white stripes (like candy canes). More candy ornaments and cookie cutters in diff shapes and colors. I bought a ceramic Gingerbread house that lights up and plays music (Hallmark?) for the vanity. I also found a great gumdrop covered cone; it looks like a tree. I have a small, old fashioned candy jar with the lid. I fill that with goodies. I fill a clear vase with candy canes hanging off the edges. I wish I had pics but my computer crashed and I lost them all. I will decorate again in a few weeks and will take pics. Oh, one more thing! I have a holiday picture book called The Candy Maker's Secret on a shelf.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Maymo, welcome to the forum. What a neat idea to decorate your powderroom, bet everyone who visits really loves it. So sorry about your computer crash, but we will look forward to having you share this year's pics with us.

Hairco, nice to have you joining in too. There have been some really good Candyland pictures shared on here. I think Karen might even have them saved in the albums she put together for us. Have you looked through those? I'll post the link in case you haven't. Lots of great ideas in them.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Holiday inspiration album

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Here are a few photos from I think 2007 and 2008 where I did a Candyland theme in the kitchen.

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

Hairco, Welcome and so glad you asked about a candyland theme.

Maymo, your pwd room sounds wonderful and I would love to see pictures if you have any.

Dream, your candyland is stunning. So glad you posted all these beautiful pictures. Just outstanding. I can't get enough of this.

Yes, you need to go see the Holiday album link that Luvs posted for more ideas. Some beautiful creations there.

Punk

• oldalgebra
    13 years ago

Dream - you are amazing!

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I think I have Dream's kitchen in our album, but I'll check later and make sure. Its just wonderful.

hugs, Karen

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

WOW, dream! I wasn't around this forum in '07/08...fantastic Candyland Christmas! TFS! Jeanne S.

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

You sure created a beautiful Candyland arrangement Dream, lots of wonderful things to look at and drool over, and I love all the soft pastel colors!

I know Catknapp and Judith both did Candyland vignettes in their kitchens too, and both were gorgeous. Doubt if I could find those old posts though, will see if any are in my inspiration folder.

And just last year, wasn't someone on here making those great candy trees? They were just styrofoam trees covered in candy and they were so pretty. You might just try looking at some of last years posts to find them or type "candy trees" in the search box.

Luvs

• maymo
    13 years ago

Okay, I took some pics but do I have to upload them somewhere? Help

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

Maymo, most of us just opened a free account with Photobucket and upload our pictures there. Then you can just click on the HTML code under the picture and it will copy it, then you come to your post here and right click and select "paste". Once you click on the preview button, your picture will show up in your post. Photobucket is www.photobucket.com.

Luvs

• yachter123
    13 years ago

Dream, so glad to see you here posting, you are missed!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that candyland kitchen!!!! I don't know if I saw it originally or not, but really enjoyed looking at all the details in it, Just soooooo cute!!

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!
More Discussions