Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynnencfan

My neat yard sale find

lynnencfan
13 years ago

got this the other day at a church yard sale for $4.00 - I am going to have fun decorating it over the seasons - here is my fall version - already thinking about how to do it for Christmas - it will definitely be an outdoor snow scene .....

Lynne

Comments (16)

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I think my jaw is still dropped on the floor...not only due to the price, but what a GREAT piece to decorate.
    I LOVE how its done now!
    You are a lucky, lucky woman to have scored this baby!
    hugs, Karen

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Karen - I have sat here and just drooled over y'alls finds and when I saw this I said YES!!!!!! - finally. I have wanted one for a long time to play around with. Just the other day I was looking through a themed Christmas decorating book and saw one done in a Victorian outdoor winter scene. I think this will be my answer to everyones tablescapes and will change it up on a regular basis - I am excited .....

Lynne

• jeannespines
    13 years ago

Wow...you did hit the jackpot! You're going to have fun with this find! And I see you're ALREADY having FUN with it! Looks great! & I am drooling over that table or chest that it is sitting on! Great score! TFS! Jeanne S.

• lynninnewmexico
    13 years ago

OMG, Lynne, what a great find and a super-great price! Love your Fall theme in it and can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas. BIG congrats . . . I'm pea-green with envy.
    Lynn

• lynnencfan
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jeanne - that is an ole steamer chest - over 85years old that my father got at an auction back in the 80's - I got it when they moved and didn't want to move it - I use it as a coffee table - love love love it .....

Lynne

• luvstocraft
    13 years ago

What a great bargain and wonderful find! Don't you just love church rummage sales--always such fantastic prices! Your little fall scene looks really cute inside it, and I'm sure a winter scene will as well. You know kids will love this too--just something about peeking in at a miniture world inside is so fun. Thanks for sharing your fun with us. ;o)

Luvs

• christmascandy
    13 years ago

What a fabulous find and such a wonderful price to boot!!
    It looks super now and I am already looking forward to your winter scene, LOL.

Now its my turn to drool.
    Great score.

TFS,
    Candy

• janet1_2007
    13 years ago

Great find. It will be interesting no matter how you decorate it. I can picture it with a little snow covered village scene- complete with minature people and a snow man.and a little Christmas tree) That was a great find, I have always wanted one to put african violets in, but can't find one at a price that I like. TFS Janet

• plainjane425
    13 years ago

Oh you lucky gal!
    What a great find and great price..
    I see you set up a cute display already, and
    what fun it will be creating new ones.
    Someone posted one of those last Christmas, but it was made from discarded windows and they set it up like a Toy Store at Christmas...really cute.
    I think what you found is even better because you can set it up anywhere...
    Now I'm looking forward to seeing what you do...

jane

• Purplemoon
    13 years ago

I was just thinking,
    "Lynne's Little World...NO CATS ALLOWED".
    boy do I need one of these to decorate.
    LOL.
    hugs, Karen

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

You lucky, lucky girl. That is adorable and will be so fun to decorate. I can see all kinds of little Christmas scenes, all kinds of scenes.
    Frou

• Marlene Kindred
    13 years ago

WOW!! What a great find! You scored big time! Lucky you!

• kathleen_li
    13 years ago

That is a great find. It will be perfect for a Christmas scene!

• nana2010_gw
    13 years ago

What a lucky find!
    I love your Fall display
    I'm looking forward to seeing
    What you do for Christmas.
    NanaKaren

• dreamgoddess
    13 years ago

Lynne, that is absolutely gorgeous! What a wonderful find you have and at a fantastic price! I love how you have it decorated right now, but I can't wait to see how you decorate it for Christmas...especially if you're doing a Victorian scene. That will be so beautiful!

• phonegirl
    13 years ago

So happy for you and your new find. It looks like a beautiful home all decorated for fall. You have so many neat things inside and I love the deer in there. Will be waiting to see your snow scene. Sounds wonderful.

Punk

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions