Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

Fall T'scape 'Tea n Toast' or 'Cake n Coffee' (pic heavy)

jeannespines
12 years ago

Last night I tried a t'scape w/that new leaf runner & the squirrel centerpc on dining table I've posted recently.

Using my collection of Stuebenville Woodfield 'Tea n Toast' dishes I decided it would be a 'Cake n Coffe' table for two ...an additional two more settings could be added easily.

Here's the squirrel/candle ring/square plate & acorn ornies centerpc on the TJMaxx leaf runner ...I added depression glass for accessories & also a couple 'peachy' votive candleholders (25 cts ea @ TS last wk):

Here's another view...it's a small compote dish w/glass spoon ...the dish is from one of my Gr'ma's estate (don't know if it's original or newer but I love the look of it):

At the other end of the table I added Dollbaby's depression juice glass & a small bowl on a square plate...all 3 pcs I've found over the yrs in the pinky color. I've also used my everyday flatware (from Christmas last yr), chocolate brown napkins tucked under the plate:

And here's a full view the length of the table:

Hope you've enjoyed some "cake 'n coffee" & some fresh fruit at my Fall t'scape! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Vintage Steubenville Woodfield Salmon Pink Tea & Toast Plate & Cup Set by Steubebville Pottery Company, Steubenville, Ohio (1881 - 1959).

Comments (10)

• Marlene Kindred
    12 years ago

What time are you serving? What a lovely table! Love your table runner and the squirrel is great as a centerpiece. Your Steubenville dishes are just beautiful!

• janet1_2007
    12 years ago

I'm with Marlene, What time are you serving? Every thing is just lovely. I love the squirel and the leaf centerpiece. I collect the pink depression glass too, I like the green too, but can't afford to collect both and I inherited a few pieces of pink from my DM and my MIL so i just kept on watching for the pink. I love your Steubenville plate and cup set too. A really pretty TS. TFS janet

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

Squirrel looks very pleased in 'his setting'!
    Beautiful spooner/compote from your DGM and your Stubenville pieces look awesome with that beautiful runner.

BTW...I don't mind if it's 'Tea n Toast or Cake n Coffee..either is fine with me!!

jane

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks marlene, janet & jane ...'''come on over!'''' (big smiley face here!) & BTW, jane, that 2-pc set you found for me is on the table here! (thank you)

janet...I also just have a few pcs of depression glass ...I do have a green plate just like this one (can't think of the pattern name now but I do have a depression glass book)...it's fun to have some 'inherited' pcs for good reminscising, isn't it! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    12 years ago

'Smilen' here too Jeanne with that 2-pc set on your table...feel like I'm sitting right there already!!

jane

• christmascandy
    12 years ago

Simply lovely!
    I'm lovin that squirrel and this table is fall perfection. How nice that you have some heirloom pieces and that table runner was just made for those dishes.

I'd rather have tea if you don't mind, as I don't drink coffee, but either toast or cake is fine with me, LOL

Doll Baby looks like she is enjoying it too!

TFS,
    Candy

• phonegirl
    12 years ago

Jeanne, what a beautiful setting. It all looks lovely together. Your DGM compote dish w/glass spoon and the other depression dishes are so neat. DF keeps telling me she is going to give me a snack set in pink that was DH's aunts and I can hardly wait. I love all of these dishes.

I need to try setting a table w/o a full tc and see if I like it. You might need to bring out some more place settings if the gang shows up.LOL Simply gorgeous.

Punk

• jeannespines
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Late for thanking you both, candy & punk. I'll certainly serve tea (icky to me) & also will bring out more plates! Just enjoying the Fall season & seeing everyone's treasures! Jeanne S.

• kathleen_li
    12 years ago

How pretty that looks in the candlelight!

• Purplemoon
    12 years ago

I want to come...its so pretty and and looks 'soothing'.
    Tea for me, please. ;o)

Mr Squirrel is quite popular, he might have to hang out with Dollbaby and celebrate some other holidays!

hugs, Karen

Sponsored
More Discussions