Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall T'scape 'Tea n Toast' or 'Cake n Coffee' (pic heavy)

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 12, 11 at 13:39

Last night I tried a t'scape w/that new leaf runner & the squirrel centerpc on dining table I've posted recently.

Using my collection of Stuebenville Woodfield 'Tea n Toast' dishes I decided it would be a 'Cake n Coffe' table for two ...an additional two more settings could be added easily.

Here's the squirrel/candle ring/square plate & acorn ornies centerpc on the TJMaxx leaf runner ...I added depression glass for accessories & also a couple 'peachy' votive candleholders (25 cts ea @ TS last wk):

Fall TS Woodfield K11.11

Here's another view...it's a small compote dish w/glass spoon ...the dish is from one of my Gr'ma's estate (don't know if it's original or newer but I love the look of it):

Fall TS Woodfield A11.11

Fall TS Woodfield H11.11

At the other end of the table I added Dollbaby's depression juice glass & a small bowl on a square plate...all 3 pcs I've found over the yrs in the pinky color. I've also used my everyday flatware (from Christmas last yr), chocolate brown napkins tucked under the plate:

Fall TS Woodfield J11.11

Fall TS Woodfield B11.11

Fall TS Woodfield I11.11

Fall TS Woodfield E11.11

And here's a full view the length of the table:

Fall TS Woodfield C11.11
Fall TS Woodfield D11.11

Fall TS Woodfield G11.11

Hope you've enjoyed some "cake 'n coffee" & some fresh fruit at my Fall t'scape! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Vintage Steubenville Woodfield Salmon Pink Tea & Toast Plate & Cup Set by Steubebville Pottery Company, Steubenville, Ohio (1881 - 1959).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall T'scape 'Tea n Toast' or 'Cake n Coffee' (pic heavy)

What time are you serving? What a lovely table! Love your table runner and the squirrel is great as a centerpiece. Your Steubenville dishes are just beautiful!

o

I'm with Marlene, What time are you serving? Every thing is just lovely. I love the squirel and the leaf centerpiece. I collect the pink depression glass too, I like the green too, but can't afford to collect both and I inherited a few pieces of pink from my DM and my MIL so i just kept on watching for the pink. I love your Steubenville plate and cup set too. A really pretty TS. TFS janet

o

Squirrel looks very pleased in 'his setting'!
Beautiful spooner/compote from your DGM and your Stubenville pieces look awesome with that beautiful runner.

BTW...I don't mind if it's 'Tea n Toast or Cake n Coffee..either is fine with me!!

jane

o

Thanks marlene, janet & jane ...'''come on over!'''' (big smiley face here!) & BTW, jane, that 2-pc set you found for me is on the table here! (thank you)

janet...I also just have a few pcs of depression glass ...I do have a green plate just like this one (can't think of the pattern name now but I do have a depression glass book)...it's fun to have some 'inherited' pcs for good reminscising, isn't it! Jeanne S.

o
RE: ))Fall T'scape 'Tea n Toast' or 'Cake n Coffee' (pic heavy)

'Smilen' here too Jeanne with that 2-pc set on your table...feel like I'm sitting right there already!!

jane

o

Simply lovely!
I'm lovin that squirrel and this table is fall perfection. How nice that you have some heirloom pieces and that table runner was just made for those dishes.

I'd rather have tea if you don't mind, as I don't drink coffee, but either toast or cake is fine with me, LOL

Doll Baby looks like she is enjoying it too!

TFS,
Candy

o

Jeanne, what a beautiful setting. It all looks lovely together. Your DGM compote dish w/glass spoon and the other depression dishes are so neat. DF keeps telling me she is going to give me a snack set in pink that was DH's aunts and I can hardly wait. I love all of these dishes.

I need to try setting a table w/o a full tc and see if I like it. You might need to bring out some more place settings if the gang shows up.LOL Simply gorgeous.

Punk

o

Late for thanking you both, candy & punk. I'll certainly serve tea (icky to me) & also will bring out more plates! Just enjoying the Fall season & seeing everyone's treasures! Jeanne S.

o

How pretty that looks in the candlelight!

o

I want to come...its so pretty and and looks 'soothing'.
Tea for me, please. ;o)

Mr Squirrel is quite popular, he might have to hang out with Dollbaby and celebrate some other holidays!

hugs, Karen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here