Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My first Christmas decor is up!

Posted by oakleyok (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 21, 12 at 13:34

Since I just finished working on this, I decided to leave it out. The embroidery behind the trees is from my late MIL, and I thought the two went perfect together!

I'm sure you've seen the inspiration pictures like this. I was going to put beads on the trees but they're under all the other decorations. lol

I cannot believe I'm wearing shorts while I decorate! Arctic air comes in on Monday. YAY!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My first Christmas decor is up!

Love the picture! Is it embroidery and then ribbons added?

o

I love your mini-forest. The wall art is lovely, too.

o

Rafor, she gently laid the red ribbon and put a stitch in several places to keep it in place. There's a dark green tree in the sled which you can't see in the picture which is made of loose thread. This isn't even embroidery, I don't know what it is. It has a bit of cross stitch, embroidery etc., in it. She would go to workshops all over the USA to learn that stuff.

o

That wall art is incredibly beautiful...what an heirloom, oakley ... & I love how you picked up those colors in your tree vignette! Lovely. Nearly shorts weather here, too...way above avg. but our cold is coming back on Fri. Happy Thanksgvg! Jeanne S.

o

Thank you Jeanne. It was actually an accident setting it there. I put it down to move something else and realized it was a perfect fit!

We have about 10 other stitchings she's done, much more intricate and beautiful. She had the patience, that's for sure. lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here