Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
josephene_gw

13 yearlong girl gifts?

josephene_gw
9 years ago

Any suggestions for gifts for a 13 year old granddaughter. Only
Grandchild and grandma is generous, not too.

Comments (11)

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

I've got 14 yr old grandson & 17 yr old GD. all they want is money. Used to want ITunes gift cards but last year that changed to money. OK by me! They are very into Technology so I would be lost trying to buy them something. When I was 13 a jewelry box was a wonderful gift. My dad was digging in front yard & found a 14 kt gold heart shaped locket with engraved flowers on front. I wore it for years. Might ask what she's into these days, crafts, books, etc. Jan

• sameboat
    9 years ago

I think a 13 year old girl would like a jewelry-making kit with wires and beads, earring blanks, etc. They sell kits at Michael's, Joann's, etc. There are books, magazines, all kinds of metal-working tools and organizers for someone with an interest in making jewelry.

• booberry85
    9 years ago

Gift certificate to Amazon. That way she can buy what she wants.

• jeannespines
    9 years ago

I like to find special ornaments or trinkets to put money in ... plus a gift of my choice (since with money they can buy their own) ... last year I used those little 'mirrored lipstick cases' all beaded & such from Pier I Import ... this year I bought some sequeined high heel ornaments for gr'd's & will roll up the cash as a cushion in it. Have fun! ~~Jeanne

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

I agree with the money part...I have a 12 yr old GrDtr and she has two older and one younger brother. They've all gotten to the stage of having everything. So now I give them a small gift to open and some spending money to buy something...She likes the store Justice and will give her a gift certificate to use there. A few yrs ago I opened a small savings account for ea of them, and now give them Half or a Quarter of what I used to spend on them, and the rest goes into their accounts. Also for their Birthdays...now they enjoy seeing their savings grow. In fact when they get money from others, they will give either all or some of it to me for their savings...and will compare, who has the most. Funny, the youngest ..who's 10, has the Most money! Oh and to make my life easier $$ I put money aside ea month so when a birthday or Holiday comes, it doesn't break My Bank !!
    jane

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

My grand daughters loved jewelry. Maybe a jewelry box, a nice outfit, some teen perfume, I bought some at Victoria Secret years ago, money,gift cards do you have a store called Forever 21, they have lots of items that young girls like. Boots, shoes. I think girls are easy to buy for its the boys I have a problem with. gift cards to restaurants that kids frequent, purses, wallets, jammies, funky socks. My grand daughter loved to buy her own gifts. We too spoiled our grand kids. Boys and girls.
    Mary

• blizlady
    9 years ago

slinkey, thanks for the reference to the Justice store. I went on line and that place is perfect for my 16 year old. I don't have a problem with my 9 year old yet and she is getting an American Girl Doll this year.

Both girls will get a new pair of PJ's and a family game to play as a gift on Christmas Eve.

• justretired
    9 years ago

We have switched over from buying gifts for our 4 teenage granddaughters to Visa gift cards. They can spend them anywhere. The only downside is that there is a fee for activating the card. So a $25 card might cost you closer to $30. They are practical, though.

• josephene_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all.
    Good ideas.
    She is coming to grandma and grandpas for Christmas
    So diy kits. Some jewelry kits, paint by number kits.
    Money in her education account.
    Baking cookies to share with friends who have children her
    Age.
    Hope we have snow again this year.
    Thanks for the help.

Merry Christmas all
    Josephene

• grandmamary_ga
    9 years ago

another thing that is a sweet gift is an ornament for the holiday tree. After a while she has enough to put on her very own tree as a grownup and the memories of who gave it to her.
    Mary

• plainjane425
    9 years ago

Josephine...sounds like you received many great ideas here...and have come up with some wonderful plans for your GrDtrs visit.
    Have a wonderful time and Merry Christmas!
    jane