Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Turkey Table

Posted by phonegirl (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 21, 10 at 13:15

I keep saying I'm going to post these pictures but am finally taking the time to upload them. Used my new gold dinnerware with some of DM's Royal Doulton plates.

Was it DD who used popcorn around her candles in her ts last year or the year before? I need to give credit where credit is due here. I stole her idea and used some around my candle in the center turkey.

Photobucket

Candy shot on this one!

Photobucket

Leaf s & p from Walmart. Leaf napkin rings from KMart last year. Green stems from Dollar Plus.

Photobucket

This little metal turkey votive holder is cute but could be easily missed.

Photobucket

Tc and pumpkin toureen from DD. What would I do w/o her and all you enablers! Napkins from Ross this fall.

Photobucket

Stuffed turkey just waiting for some action. I think he's getting tired, may have to go lay him down for a nap. I wanted to make a cute sign for him to hold but didn't get that made.

Punk

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Turkey Table

Job well done!!
Your choice of plate stacking is perfect.

o

You put together a lovely table Punk...
I really love the pattern of those dishes and your DM's plates are a nice accent. I like the little footed amber dishes too.
Your linens have such pretty colors in them and work so well with all your accessories..
That's a cute way to use that turkey..I don't remember who used the corn, but it's a clever idea.

jane

o

Wow, really nice setting! I see you are taking "Candy Shots" too. (girl, stay off that chandelier before you break something!)

The dishes, flatware, everything...just sooo pretty!
The 'stuffed' turkey is a hoot. He looks like he ate too much and is ready for a snooze in the recliner in front of the TV. LOL.
Sorry you didn't get his sign made (wonder if someone kept you busy with other things. someone in Phoenix perhaps? LOL)

hugs, Karen

o

Punk,

What lovely gold dishes! And I love a table with turkeys, too. I am still trying to put together a decent turkey collection, guess I got started a little late. They look so great on the table!

Your pumpkin tureen is very pretty and like Jane I like the footed amber glass dishes. Very pretty.

- Magpie

o

What a sweet table and the stuffed turkey just cracks me up :D Your gold dinnerware will make so many pretty tablescapes - love it. Those amber footed dishes are very pretty - I have the same design only in green - I have never seen the amber ones or I would have them also - love them - TFS .....

Lynne

o

I keep having this vision when I see these table pics from "up above!"...yup, it's a "candyshot"...& I'm seeing you, Jane & candy just a hanging by the chandie! LOL! Great pic, punk!

Love the t'cloth...& can see it so well from your "candyshot!" And the placesettings are so pretty with the stacking & your lovely flatware & stemware. That little metal turkey candleholder is a cutie...thanks for pointing that out, I would have missed him. Everything looks great & ready for a wonderful Tksgvg meal! Gooble! Gobble! TFS! Jeanne S.

o

Punk, What a pretty table. Love the Candy shot. The Royal Dalton pieces look beautiful With you new gold dishes. The stuffed turkey is a HOOT!, or is it a gobble, gobble?
NanaKaren

o

Thanks MM, most of my dishes are sets of 4 so I had a hard time deciding what plates to use on this table.

Jane, Wanted to use my rust napkins but only bought 4. I think it would add some color to this table, do you? Come on, help me tweak.lol

Karen, I think that's part of the reason I didn't get his sign made!!! To take Candy shots at my house, I just step on one of the bar stools and then stand on my bar. Not to bad unless the stool would happen to swivel...haha

Magpie, you ladies need to help me learn to spell tureen...you didn't have a problem. Hope you can get your turkey collection built up before next year. Amazing what the enablers on here do. I picked up most of mine this past year after seeing all the neat ones on here.

Lynne, what else would one do with a stuffed turkey.lol I think he's cute. I've seen the green footed dishes and they are beautiful.

Jeanne, our Candy shots are nice at times, alright. This makes me realize that I missed the picture of my chandie. Nothing fancy but I used beautiful glass balls and leaves on it. Will try to take a picture and get it posted.

Thanks gals for all your comments. I talked with DS last night and we will be having a few of his friends down for dinner also. I'm thinking about putting another leaf in the table and washing all these dishes and not using all the layering. I will use these same gold dishes and chargers, since I have enough for everyone. Guess I'll wait till Tues. and redo the table.lol

Punk

o

Those gold dishes are wonderful and perfect for fall. I didn't know that those sherbert dishes came in amber, I have the green ones. It was me that did the popcorn in my candles last TG, or I was one of them anyway. The pumpkin tureen is very nice also.
Frou

o

Your plump little turkey made me chuckle out loud! Amazing that turkeys can be "cute". LOL

Really like the raised design on your gold plates. Those sherbert dishes are really neat too.

And I didn't miss the ACORNs on your salt/pepper shakers either! ;o)

Very nice table Punk, I'm sure everyone will love having their meal there and enjoying all the pretty dishes and accessories.

Luvs

o

Hey Punk,Tom Turkey's sign should say "Gobble 'till you wobble" :^)
Your table is lovely too!!
J

o

That is lovely! What wonderful dishes, very Fall!

o

Frou, thank you for letting me know it was you with the beautiful candles last year. I remember seeing your green sherbert dishes with some of your tables and love them.

Luvs, you would notice the acorns! I have an acorn basket that I should of shown you. It's so cute. Maybe I will try to snap a picture and send to you.

J, love that. "Gobble 'till you wobble" maybe this is why I didn't get the sign made! Now I know what to paint on it.

Kathleen, I need to get the dishes in the dishwasher tomorrow night so they will be clean for T.

Thanks for all the comments and I will be tweaking tomorrow evening when I have time so there's enough dishes for everyone.

If I don't make it back here, hope all of you have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!

Punk

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here