Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More Winter Holiday Greenery Outdoors Here!

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 17, 12 at 13:01

I shared pics of my Baker's Rack last week ...well, we've had some continually nice, nice weather ...50 deg! So I went ahead & did up some more for Winter decor. No more pretty blooms for awhile so I like to add 'pine greenery' outdoors so I can enjoy it during the cold days from inside!

Out my porch windows: Here's an old washtub on legs filled w/plastic pots of dirt (from annuals this summer) ...I cut pine greenery & poke them in the dirt here & there ...added some Curly Willow branches that I had painted red 2 seasons ago & a solar light glass globe...a place for the birds to perch as they come to the waterer:

Old Wash Tub Greenery A11.12

..and here's some birds enjoying the bird waterer just a bit ago! Winter Birdbath A11.12

Winter Birdbath C11.12

Gathered some more pinecones yesterday & cut some more branches for my 'potting table' outdoors ...here's a close-up of greenery in the cast iron window box w/a rusty star:

Potting Table Greenery A11.12

...and a clearance hanging basket filled w/pinecones, a chunk of log & recycled coconut liner ...an orange for color & for the birds!
Potting Table C11.12

Here's another view:

Potting Table B11.12

Yup, those are chimes hanging on the right ... let the bells ring in the Winter season ...but right now I'm happy to have FALL!! Happy Thanksgiving! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More Winter Holiday Greenery Outdoors Here!

Jeanne, love all this greenery with your wash tub, bird bath, red painted curly willows, metal star, door w/potting bench and wire basket. The picture with the birds there enjoying is such a beautiful sight. So nice your weather has cooperated so you could get your outdoor decorating done. Sweeeeet!

Punk

o

Wonderful pictures, Jeanne.
Have you ever had any of them published?
I think the ones of the birds enjoying a bath are darling.
TFS
Nana

o

Lovely pictures Jeanne..I feel as though
I'm looking at an issue of 'Audubon Magazine' !..
just beautiful.
jane

o

Beautiful as always Jeanne! Your decorations are always so welcoming and warm feeling. Your washtub is so neat and your potting bench is a favorite of mine too! TFS~

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here