Return to the Holiday Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Literally, a 'Spring' Wreath

Posted by jeannespines (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 11, 13 at 12:57

A good friend gave me this wreath made of 'springs' a few weeks ago when we met on a day trip to the Amana Colonies...she had put this tog from part of a row of bed springs!

So it is going to go one of my old barndoors outside in the Spring ...but for now I made a burlap bow & added a 'blingy' reindeer ornie. It will hang out w/my Christmas/Winter decor on the porch after Thanksgiving.

I shared this on the Flea Market Gardening Facebk page & it was a 'hit,' so I thought some of you, 'Holiday-ers' might like the idea! TFLookin'! Jeanne S.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Literally, a 'Spring' Wreath

Love it!

o

That is wonderful! Love the little springs,
matching deer and burlap bow. Tell her
it is awesome. It's the perfect gift for u!!!
It would be perfect for me too.LOL

Punk

o

So clever and cute! What a nice friend.

The bow and reindeer ornie are the perfect touch!

You can change it to fit all the seasons if you choose!
I can see valentines tucked into the springs or little red hearts hanging in the circles, a cute birds nest for spring, flags and firecrackers for the 4th, the possibilities are endless.

TFS,
Candy

o

Very cool! Your friend did a great job making the wreath, and your bow and reindeer are perfect with it!

o

Wow Jeanne...I LOVE this!! What a nice gift from your friend too.

o

The spring wreath is so clever! Looks great with the burlap bow and reindeer.
It was a great gift from a thoughtful friend.
TFS
Nana

o

Thanks, 'Holiday-ers' ... this is the old barn door it will be goign on in the Spring, I think ....unless I decide I love it too much on the porch! This is a WIP on the door ...by my garden shed...it needs a post 'set' yet to attach it to....also there is a rusty basket on the door which will be filled w/basket lining & Impatiens to bloom. The wreath will replace the 'flatter' vine one here around my letter 'J' ....this pic is late in the Fall & frost has taken it's tolll...but I think it will be a wonderful addition here next to some dogwood shrubs. ;-)

candy...love the ideas of the seasons ... I can see 'birdnest' would tuck in very easily on this door!

Thanks, Holiday-ers! ~~hugs, Jeanne s.

o

How very unusual and how charming! A good friend, yes. But your additions really gave it the holiday touch, and brought a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing.

Pink

o

I hung it on the porch today ...altho my Fall decor is there until after Thanksgiving ...but I really like it! ;-) Thanks! ~~Jeanne S.

o

I'd KEEP it on the porch!! LOVE this! What an awesome wreath!

hugs, Karen

o

The swiggles give it a "vine" look & the stately reindeer gives it class. Friend did a great job!! Enjoy all year around! Jan

o

I absolutely LOVE it! Your friend should sell them...she'd make some serious money!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Holiday Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here