Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nana2010_gw

Turkey Table

nana2010_gw
11 years ago

This is the second attempt at this table I deleted some things and added others.

Am I the only one who does this?

I should have added a before picture.

From 2012-11-15 (by Eye-Fi)

I didn't have to get anything new. I'm happy when I can use

what I have.

The tablecloth is from Big Lots. The leaf plates and bowls came from Dollar Tree. I got the Gravy Boat at Wegmans Supermarket.

And the napkins Are from Ames many years ago.

TFLookin.

Nana

Comments (11)

• swest2_gw
    11 years ago

Love the colors. So cheery and festive. Thanks for sharing.

• christmascandy
    11 years ago

I'm just "nuts" about this table, LOL.
    Love how you used the nuts as table scatter around the gravy boat. The colors are perfect and the layering is wonderful.
    Your pumpkin colored placemats and plates look like they match perfectly. The flatware is really fun with the twist handles. You also have a nice assortment of turkeys.

I'd definitely gobble up a meal served at this table, teehee.

TFS,
    Candy

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Definitely FAll colors, nana! The 1st thing I noticed was the crocheted round placemat with the 'twisted' flatware...pretty combo on top of the green rectangular shape placemat...so I love the place settings & the dishes you chose to combine tog. I think this t'scape would also look good w/o a t'cloth...is that what you tried differently? Cause I think that turkey & gravy bowl would show up even better ...just a thought! altho that t'cloth is the perfect colors for Fall/Thksgvg! LOL! Looks like I'm trying things in my mind like you did! Anyway, very festive! TFS! Jeanne S.

• plainjane425
    11 years ago

Nana...this is such a pretty t/scape!
    I love all the Fall colors and the layering you did with the dishes and placemants.
    My eye was drawn to those
    scalloped placemats. I like how the two placemat colors
    compliment your dishes and tablecloth. I think the white
    twist flatware is a nice choice too. I can see what Jeanne is saying about the
    TC and your gravy boat. It's a pretty piece, but hard to see in the photo.
    I'm sure in RL all the details show up nicely. Also,
    'Mr Turkey'... looks like he's wondering about the 'Main Course' ..I think he's hoping it's Roast Beef !! lol

jane

• Purplemoon
    11 years ago

I agree on what the others have said, its a very pretty fall table. The colors are 'soft' looking, serene to me.
    I like how well your furniture in the background matches the tablesetting so well. Now THAT is planning, LOL.
    By the way, I really like your flatware.

I think most of us tweak things, or outright redo them. I know in my case, after taking a photo and seeing it...I go back and change something as it looked 'off' in the picture from how I thought it looked. My camera often sees things I don't.

hugs, Karen

• phonegirl
    11 years ago

Nana, agree with all the above comments. Love seeing
    every beautiful table you come up with! It's always
    nice to see tc's that aren't just plain colors but harder
    to work with. This is so fallish and I enjoyed your
    color scheme.

So many neat turkeys and the leaf dishes are pretty.
    The gravy boat and under plate with nuts is a great piece.
    Wonderful layering and love that the salad bowl and pm
    match. How cool is that and you didn't even have to go
    shopping.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? I had planned on
    cooking but sounds like things may be changing. Hope I
    know before I thaw a big ol bird out.

Punk

• party_music50
    11 years ago

Great autumn colors -- and like PM I noticed that your sofa matches beautifully. :) Love the $ store leaf plates/bowls too.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

Very autumnal. TFS.

• nana2010_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone.
    It was such a bright sunny day when I took these pictures.
    I think that's why some things look a bit faded.
    They don't in real life.
    I've learned how to post pics, and crop them, next I need to learn how to adjust the the colors and brightness.
    We will be celebrating Thanksgiving on Friday, due to work schedules etc.

Nana

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Very pretty table Nana....love your leaf plates and the plaid tablecloth has just the right colors. I like that the table doesn't feel "heavy." So often, fall decor can "feel" that way, but yours looks so inviting. TFS~

• oldalgebra
    11 years ago

Nana,

Yep, I add and take away and switch around all the time.

I sure like the flatware and the gravy boat.

Try scattering some more nuts between the gravy boat and the two place settings - like a ribbon down the table. Start at the gravy boat with a wide "ribbon" of nuts and taper out to just two or three just before you reach the placemat. They may not look right - maybe too big.. But I used flat, rounded pebbles once and liked it.

Those turkey candle holders are sure cuties.

Sponsored
More Discussions